The banana is a fruit that can be found at any time of the year, so we suggest you make one of the banana smoothies that we have prepared for you in this section. The best thing about this type of recipe is that it does not take long to prepare, and its difficulty stands out for being low, that is: they are very easy to prepare.
If your bananas have become ripe and you don’t know what to do with them, making a smoothie would be a good way to take advantage of them, achieving a refreshing, nutritious and, above all, delicious smoothie, thanks to the flavor that this fruit provides. We invite you to read our combinations and try some, we are sure that you will like more than one…!
Banana and orange smoothie
- 1 large banana, peeled, sliced, frozen
- 1 cup cold orange juice
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Beat until a homogeneous mixture results. Divide smoothie between 2 glasses and serve.
Banana Kiwi Smoothie
If you have super-ripe and sweet bananas, either fresh or frozen, and your kiwis have ripened so they’re super sweet too, then combine the two in a blender, and voila… Here’s what you get – a truly healthy sweet drink that is 100% enjoyable! Since the ingredients were already sweet, you don’t have to add any sugar at all and that’s the beauty of it.
- 2 kiwis (preferably ripe and sweet – but if you don’t mind a little spicy Kiwis, that’s fine too!)
- 2 bananas (ripe – fresh or frozen – if using fresh then you need to add some crushed ice)
- 1 cup crushed ice (if using fresh bananas)
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/3 cup yogurt or milk, or to taste
- Optional: sugar to taste
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend them until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately!
Banana and coconut smoothie
The smoothie for this occasion proposes an excellent flavor from the simple mixture of two exceptional fruits: coconut and banana.
For its optimal performance, you just have to make sure that you use ripe bananas so that the smoothie has a pleasant sweet taste, without the need for sugar or sweeteners that would increase the number of calories. Otherwise, you can choose to add a little more honey.
This tropical coconut and banana smoothie, once you try it, will undoubtedly become one of your favorite drinks for a hot summer day.
- 2 ripe bananas, chopped
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 3-4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 2 teaspoons of honey (optional)
Place the bananas, coconut milk, vanilla ice cream, and honey in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Energy: 2074 kilocalories
- Saturated fat: 25g
- Total fat: 30g
- Carbohydrate sugars: 41 g
- Total carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 10g
- Sodium: 99.37mg
Notes: All nutritional values are per serving.
Banana and coffee smoothie
This coffee banana smoothie is the perfect dose of protein and caffeine to jumpstart your morning and your metabolism.
I can’t go out in the morning without my coffee and the people in my life can’t go out without me having my morning coffee. If you have followed me this far, you will know that I have confessed that I am not in good shape or that I am not a morning person. Anyway, I wake up with two things on my mind, drink my coffee and fill my belly.
One of the best ways to give your metabolism a boost is by consuming protein right after you wake up. Sometimes it’s hard for me to move until I’ve had my coffee and then I might not have time to eat a protein-packed breakfast before I have to rush out the door. A great alternative is smoothies, it’s fast, healthy, and can be taken on the run. The shake offers protein, omega-3s, potassium, and of course caffeine, so I can already get my protein shake, potassium shot for my muscles, and omega-3s for my heart and brain, all in one glass.
I hope you try this smoothie tomorrow morning, you won’t be disappointed, it’s delicious! It will be over before you know it!
- 1 banana
- 1 capsule of manufactured espresso.
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder.
- 1 cup of almond milk or coconut milk.
- fresh ice
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds (optional).
- Add all ingredients to the mixer and mix.
- Pour it into a glass and enjoy.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
During the summer, many people enjoy smoothies for snacks or breakfast, but not every day. Among these shakes, a possibility that stands out for its energy contribution and tasty taste is the strawberry and banana shake.
If you are one of those who do not eat bananas by themselves, in their natural form, you will see how you can tolerate them and taste them in this smoothie, whose recipe we will share.
Bananas are high in energy, so it’s good to include at least one banana at breakfast. This is beneficial for growing children and if you give it to them in the form of a smoothie they will like it even more.
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is thick, creamy, and delicious, plus of course, super easy to make.
Strawberries add a little more nutritional value to it since these fruits are rich in vitamin C. The addition of sweetener is optional or to taste, and depends on the sweetness of the fruit. Always use ripe fruits, so that it is not necessary to add any extra sugar or honey, thus guaranteeing that you do not eat more sweetness than necessary.
Another point in favor of this milkshake is that no ice cream is used in it. To make it creamy without ice cream, you need to whip the banana and milk first in the blender until the mixture is smooth, thick, and creamy. For a better result, it is recommended to use a frozen banana. To bring them to that state, you just have to peel them, cut them into pieces, put them in a bag, and put them in your fridge or refrigerator.
Regarding milk, try to always use non-dairy milk with the banana. Because according to many, the combination of banana and milk is always hard on the stomach, making it heavy and lazy indigestion. If we consume the mixture of these two elements in abundance, we will cause indigestion in the body and it will become more toxic, resulting in not taking advantage of the benefits of the foods in the shake. Due to that reason, it is recommended to make this smoothie with almond milk.
- One medium ripe banana
- Half a cup of almond, cashew, or soy milk, preferably never cow’s milk.
- Five to six large strawberries
- with honey or sugar to taste
First, mix and blend the banana and milk in a blender or food processor for two to three minutes. As a result, you will get a smooth and creamy mixture.
Then add the strawberries and the honey or sugar mix it all, the same in the blender, to make sure there are no pieces of berries.
Once this is done, you can get a glass and enjoy.
The flavor of this smoothie is characterized by being sweet and having a pleasant creamy texture. Any smoothie without ice cream, like this one, is healthy, so you can serve it for breakfast. In general, this option is perfect for children.
Banana and papaya smoothie
Why is this papaya and banana smoothie so good? In addition to its flavor, it is tremendously healthy and low in calories. The benefits of bananas for health are not a secret, but what are the benefits of papaya?
Papaya is a low-calorie fruit. Like watermelon, it has about the same number of calories per cup (54 calories). However, papaya has five times more fiber than watermelon, which makes it great for weight loss.
Papaya will combat any digestive problems that you have. It has anti-amoeboid (gastrointestinal infection) and antiparasitic characteristics, which help control stomach problems such as constipation, acid reflux, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, stomach ulcers, and even relieve menstrual pain. Papaya seeds are known to eliminate even abdominal ringworm.
Papaya is also a great source of vitamins C, A, and E, folic acid, and beta carotene, making it an amazing free-radical fighter against the signs of aging. Are you already convinced that you need this papaya smoothie in your life? Well, let’s see how it’s done and what we need.
- A heaping cup of papaya (225g)
- A banana
- A small piece (5g) of fresh ginger
- One tablespoon (20ml) of lime juice
- One cup (160g) of fresh pineapple
- 1 cup (120g) of crushed ice
- Three-quarters of a cup of milk (150ml) of your choice (I used almond milk)
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Vanilla Banana Smoothie
Do you love smoothies, but hate their high-calorie content? So stop worrying. Today we bring you a healthy recipe, with practically only three ingredients, which will mean that you do not have to stop enjoying these exciting and tasty drinks.
As you may have anticipated from the title, it is a simple vanilla and banana milkshake, which can become very creamy if you follow its main secret: blend the frozen banana.
According to testimonials from smoothie lovers, the banana is one of the perfect fruits for these drinks, due to the creaminess it provides and how ideal it is, compared to the mixture of many, to enjoy it without consuming excess calories.
Among the pluses of this smoothie is the fact of getting everything you want, from very few ingredients. Doing it right will give you that fresh banana flavor, its crisp, smooth and creamy texture, and a bit of nice sweetness from the vanilla added to the mix. Simple, but delicious.
- 2 medium bananas, sliced and frozen.
- 1 cup of milk, preferably skim.
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Be sure to beat them for the right amount of time (usually 45 seconds to a minute). The longer you blend, making sure all the banana pieces are mixed in well, the creamier the smoothie will be.
- Pour the content into glasses and serve immediately.
Banana and melon smoothie
You only need three ingredients (four if you count ice), for this refreshing vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free Melon Banana Smoothie.
- ½ to 1 cup unsweetened almond, rice, or soy milk (choose the one that suits your diet)
- 1 ripe banana, small to medium-sized
- 1 cup frozen ripe melon pieces
- ½ cup of ice (optional)
- Combine ½ cup alternative milk, banana, and cantaloupe chunks in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If too thick, add milk alternative to desired consistency.
- Blend in ice if desired with a more frozen consistency.
- If you don’t mind the color, add ½ to 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves. The spinach doesn’t change the flavor of the wonderful smoothie, but it does add a good dose of nutrition.
- Flaxseeds, a tablespoon or two, for some great Omega-3s and a bit of protein.
- Grated coconut, a tablespoon or two, for flavor and if you’re a coconut health fanatic like me. (Add a bit of fat too if you’re worried the little ones won’t get enough)
Banana and cherry smoothie
Not sure what to eat for a quick and easy lunch that fills you up without adding extra calories and fat? Cherry Banana Smoothie is packed with protein and fruit.
Ok, today we go back to the series of fat-free meals. Yes, right now my blog seems a bit bipolar. Dessert… healthy recipe… dessert… healthy recipe. Gotta love this time of year, right?
Can I confess something to you? I have been having a lot of fun with healthy recipes and ideas. Right now we’ve been trying hard to incorporate more healthy options into their meals and resist all the baked goods I’m still making. It’s been hard, but it’s worth it. Almost 2 kilos of fat have been eliminated, now to continue (and more hopefully) to make these healthy eating habits a lifestyle change.
This cherry banana smoothie is one of my favorite options and lunch. I don’t eat it daily because I’m aware of how much fruit I eat. There is still sugar in fruit after all. At least that sugar is healthier than refined sugar, right? Adding Greek yogurt and protein powder makes for a delicious meal replacement shake. All protein keeps me full long enough… at least until I need to eat my next healthy snack.
This delicious cherry banana smoothie is packed with protein to keep you satisfied longer.
- ½ cup frozen sweet black cherries
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- Put everything in a mixer and use it until everything is completely mixed
- Pour it into 2 glasses and enjoy.
Banana and apple smoothie
Soaking walnuts and blending them into a sweet and delicious milkshake is a safe and appealing way to enjoy these nuts which, if you didn’t know, maybe incredibly surprising to you, they are very helpful for brain health and improved function. cognitive.
The recipe that we share today for an apple and banana shake, with walnuts, is ideal for vegans if they make it with alternative milk to the traditional cow’s milk, and for all those who enjoy fruits and delicious drinks that come out of them when we mix them with milk.
Making the shake is super easy, and its high nutritional content makes it an ideal pre-workout snack.
To make a vegan smoothie, all you need is plant-based milk, such as hemp seed milk, soy milk, or coconut milk. If you prefer, you can use a nut milk such as cashew, almond, or peanut. Naturally, the flavor of the smoothie will vary depending on the non-dairy milk used.
For many vegans, coconut milk works best with smoothies like this one. The almond one would be ideal, but it’s not as cheap as this one.
If you weren’t vegan, of course, the best milk would be cow’s milk.
- ½ apple chopped into chunks
- ½ banana also chopped
- 6 walnuts
- ½ cup coconut milk for vegans or cow’s milk for a person with traditional eating habits
- natural sweetener as needed and according to individual taste
- Start preparing your ingredients. Wash the apple and chop it into pieces together with the banana. Soak the nuts in water for 15-20 minutes. Alternatively, you can soak them overnight in the refrigerator.
- Then in a blender, add all the chopped ingredients and the milk and beat until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
- When this consistency is reached, check the level of sweetness and adjust it to your liking.
- Pour the contents into a glass and enjoy your creamy apple, banana, and walnut smoothie. The experience will be extremely pleasant.
- The recipe is intended for one serving. If you want to make more, just double the recipe.
- Make sure the smoothie stays away from refined sugar and so-called “brown sugars.” Simply adding a little molasses can give the smoothie its brown color. Recommended healthy sweeteners include maple syrup, molasses, honey, and raw cane sugar.
- As always, for a better taste, use fresh products.