Welcome to this edition of KitchensCity to eat healthy for a whole week cooking only one day! This meal prep is not one of those easy prep meals that I make them make that go by without pain or glory.
This is a meal prep on steroids, king of meal preps. Because it is a meal prep for the whole week.
About this meal prep to eat healthy all week
Well, this 1000prep is like this: in a single day you can cook to eat healthy all week. Recipes with chicken, with vegetables, with quinoa, and with some tremendous sauces, because it is not a matter of feeling that we are eating from trays on a bus trip to Calamuchita.
The best thing about this way of organizing the week’s meal is that you make sure that you are not going to end up eating any crap due to lack of time, and that you are going to be able to put together recipes to lose weight, or if you are not looking to lose weight. weight, healthy recipes.
Eating healthy in the week of someone who lives in the city from here to there seems like a utopia, but I swear by the potato that with this meal prep it is possible.
The idea is that you combine the preparations that we are going to make in the way that you like the most and always have some ingredient from each group to achieve a balanced and complete dish. So go ahead and put together healthy dishes with this food prep meal to keep in the refrigerator, which will change your refrigerators as we know them.
Shopping list to eat healthy all week:
They are a good amount of things
- Carrots (whatever you want)
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 potato girl
- 1 onion
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 1 lettuce
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 beets
- 1 aubergine
- cream cheese
- coriander or parsley
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 can chickpeas
- 200g. quinoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 / 2kg sweet potato
- 200g. yamani rice
- pumpkin seeds
- Condiments: mustard, salt, pepper, curry, hot paprika, turmeric, oil.
Cook only 1 day and eat healthy all week:
we are going to divide all the food into 5 groups:
- Chop the zucchini , the potato and the onion and put it with a splash of oil on the fire. Once it is golden brown, we add water to cover the ingredients. Season and cover. They let it boil for a while and once they see that the water is brownish, we remove it from the heat, add a little mustard and process it. So we just have a beautiful zucchini soup that we can keep in the fridge, for example, in a glass bottle or whatever container they want.
- We are only going to grate the carrot and place it in a container with a lid to store and eat in combination with whatever you want!
- Cabbage : We are going to remove the most ugly leaves and we are going to cut it into very thin strips. We place it in a bowl and add a teaspoon of salt and right there we are going to start kneading it. Just as they read, with their hands. Little by little we will see that it is releasing juice and becoming soft and transparent. There we stop kneading it and take it to a container to store and have it ready. This is the beginning of a Sauerkraut, but we are not going to take it thoroughly.
- Lehuga : We wash it, separate the leaves and put it away. How do we store it? Sheet by sheet in a tupper with a napkin underneath and another before closing the lid. If they have a lot of sheets they can put some napkins in the middle.
- We are going to peel the beet and cut it very finely into slices. Thus raw, we store them in a tupper with a few squirts of vinegar that will soften and marinate them. They are very very rich.
- Tomatoes : We are going to wash and store them and nothing else. To have ready when we want!
Preparation of Sauces
- We are going to put the whole eggplant on one of the stove in the kitchen. So, straight into the fire. We are going to let it burn well (what burns is the shell but not the inside). They are going to turn it around until it singes well on the outside and there they take it out. Taking care not to burn themselves, they will remove the skin (it comes out very easy) and with a fork they will tread on it and take out all the water they can.
To the pulp that remains, they add a clove of garlic, a splash of lemon juice, a tablespoon of cream cheese, salt and process it until it becomes a paste. They put it in a small container, with a pinch of paprika on top and they have a ready sauce of smoked aubergine that they don’t know what it is!
- Pico de gallo sauce: Chop a very small tomato, also an onion and garlic. We place in a container and add a pinch of coriander or parsley, a dash of lemon juice and a dash of olive oil and that’s it. They cover it with plastic wrap and keep it to have when they want.
- Curry vinaigrette : In a small jar with a lid we put: A pinch of curry, dehydrated garlic, pepper, salt, a splash of vinegar, one of sunflower oil and one of olive oil. We cover the bottle and beat well until everything is integrated.
Now the Proteins
- We chop the chicken, add salt, pepper and turmeric. We mix it well and we take it to the pan with a drizzle of oil until it is well cooked. We keep it ready in a tupperware.
- We empty the can of chickpeas in a bowl and add a little minced garlic, salt, pepper and paprika. A splash of olive oil and it is ready to store and have on hand.
- We wash the quinoa well , boil it in a pot covered with water until it is inflated. They take it out and it’s ready to save and have it ready.
- Egg noodles : Mix 3 eggs with half a cup of milk in the bowl. We are going to cook this mixture in parts in a pan to make it as if they were very thin pancakes. When we have all finished, we are going to roll them and cut them horizontally so that there are strips that we can add to the salads that we want.
And finally the Hydrates
- We are going to peel the sweet potato , boil it and nothing else. Cooked in a tupperware and ready to eat.
- The Yamani rice will let soak a good long time (if they can do it all night better) and then, as it is water, we take a pinch of salt and process it well. This mixture is to go to the fire in a pan and make some rice tortillas that are great!
I recommend that you keep the mixture so raw in a bottle or jar and take it out and cook it when you want to eat it!
The detail: Crispy
- Pumpkin seeds : we keep them and we have them ready to add to whatever we want
- Peanuts : same!
- Parmesan cheese : We are going to place it in small circles in a frying pan over the fire until it cooks a little and turns golden brown. We turn them over to make it on both sides and turn off the pan. To remove them with the spatula, we wait for them to cool and crisp. They are great to add to anything!