Ladies and gentlemen, today we are chatting Instant Pot. What’s cooking with an Instant Pot? The Instant Pot is a programmable pressure cooker that is part of the new generation of smart appliances for the kitchen. I own the model 7 functions (7 in 1) since last summer . It combines the advantages of a pressure cooker, an electric skillet (for skipping), a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a steam cooker, a yogurt maker and a flat warmer. No, he does not do the dishes … but almost.
Let’s understand, steaming is not revolutionary. Europeans are fond of it and our grandmothers used this method well before the arrival of microwaves. For some inexplicable reason, this cooking had greatly lost popularity in America since the 1970s, perhaps just with the advent of microwaves?
Innovative And Effective Marketing Method
Still, the company behind Instant Pot used an innovative and effective marketing method: it believed so much in its product that it sent units to several types of influencers to give them the opportunity to try it. Soon, a movement is born. Great fan of shopping on Amazon and avid reader of articles related to food, I could not resist very long and ordered mine. Instant Pot seemed like a practical and user-friendly time saver for cooking and an option I would probably use for camping.
To this day, I am still flabbergasted by the multiple tests that I did with my Instant Pot. Goodbye slow cooker, goodbye risotto, here I am converted to the all-in-one device. I can not explain how to cook a pork shoulder in 35 minutes rather than 6 hours gives better results. I would have tended to believe that collagen in meat should take its time to ensure maximum tenderness. Tests to support, I can leave the dinner at 17h battery rather than noon and the results are bluffing.
There is obviously trial-error to be done but with the help of the very large community of Instant Pot on Facebook , we have a head start. In addition, the device contains no less than ten security processes to avoid human errors.
This is not a sponsored article. Just a crazy desire to share and grow the community. I had several requests to talk about benefits.
Whole chicken at Instant Pot
- For the chicken recipe, it’s too easy.
- Take your chicken.
- Stuff it with your favorite toppings (onion, lemon, herbs, salt, pepper in our case). Spice it to your taste.
- Grab it (SAUTÉ – HIGH mode) in your Instant Pot (IP for intimates) a few minutes on each side.
- Remove your chicken, place the grill at the bottom of the Instant Pot, and return the chicken to the pressure cooker.
- Add 1 cup (250ml) of liquid (beer, water, broth, tomato juice, cider, etc.).
- Bar the lid.
- Press the manual button and adjust the cooking time to 23 minutes at high pressure.
- Now go take your cocktail with a review in front of the fire.
- When it beeps, it’s over. Leave the steam (manual release method).
- Transfer your broiled chicken to Broil for 5 minutes if you want a more golden skin.
- Keep your chicken stock to make a sauce or soup.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe
- 1 large chicken weighing 2.5 kg
- 1 beautiful sprig of rosemary
- 1 large clove of unpeeled garlic
- whole sea salt or pink salt to taste
- if you use it (not me)
- 2 teaspoons of mixed Provence herbs
- 3 tablespoons of EVO oil
- 1 glass of broth or even just water
Clean the chicken well, remove any entrails, dry it, put a little salt, the rosemary and the clove of garlic in the cavity. Tie the legs with kitchen string and turn the wings over so that the chicken is well in position.
- Turn the IP on Sauté, put the oil to heat, then brown the chicken first on the breast side for at least 3 – 4 minutes, then gently turn to brown the back part as well.
- The browning is used to give color and a good appearance to our meat, but it is necessary to keep in mind that cooking in IP is not like in the oven, therefore the skin will never be crisp, unless at the end of cooking you do not want to pass the chicken for a few minutes under the grill.
- Once browned well, remove the chicken from the pan, season it with the salt and the herbs of Provence on all sides. Place the chicken on the basket that comes with the pot, breast facing upwards, put the broth in the pan and lower the basket with the chicken in position.
- Close the IP, switch off the Sauté function in order to switch to Manual 30 minutes and start the program.
- The pot will take about 10 – 15 minutes to pressurize, then it will start to scale time, once finished, turn off the pot, open the valve for quick venting, it will take at least 5 minutes.
- Open the pan, remove the basket and transfer the chicken to the serving dish, if you eat it immediately as I did, or if you want to have crispy skin, pass the chicken under the grill for about ten minutes.
This was a decidedly large chicken, but if you use smaller chickens, the cooking times must be calculated as follows: each half kg. = 6 minutes, then 12 minutes per 1 kg, in the case of a 2.5 kg chicken the cooking times are 30 minutes, to which we must add approx. 15 minutes for the pan to come under pressure and approx. 5 for the vent