Instant Pot Whole Chicken Soup recipe
Table of Contents
For 8 people
- 1 cooking chicken (about 2.5 kg)
- 3-4 medium carrots
- 1 leek
- 1/4 ball of celery
- 250 g frozen peas
- 200 g of vermicelli
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 bunch flat parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 onion
- 1 bouquet garni
- Pass the chicken under cold water and wash it thoroughly outside and inside. Use kitchen scissors to cut the rump (that is, the fat gland on the tail).
- Place the chicken in a Instant Pot and cover with cold water. Salt and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and cut them into pieces. Clean the leek and slice it thinly. Peel the celery and cut it into cubes. Rinse the onion and cut it in half.
- Add all these vegetables to the stew with chopped parsley, bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Cover the pot partially to let the steam escape.
- In order for the bouillon broth to become clear, remove from time to time with the skimmer the foam that settles on the surface. If the foam is not removed, the broth may become cloudy.After 1:30, remove the chicken, preferably with a skimmer and let it cool before recovering the flesh and cut into small pieces. Filter the broth into a fine strainer. Put it back in the pan with the rest of the carrots. Cook for 8 minutes before adding the peas, vermicelli and chicken pieces. Prolong the cooking 3 min again. Rectify the seasoning before serving in soup dishes. Serve with a little chopped parsley.
Advice Instant Pot Whole Chicken Soup
To bring a nice golden color to your broth, use the onion without peeling.