Welcome to this edition of KitchensCity in which this beautiful recipe for cake with potato and chocolate appears. That’s right, friends, today you are going to learn how to make the Chocopapa. It turns out that this cake appeared among the recipes of Argentine cooks and from that day on I couldn’t stop thinking about it.
It is a very practical recipe, because it does not take cooking, and it is also very easy to learn and turn into a vegan recipe by changing the cookies on the base (#datazo).
The truth is that I’m very curious what kind of genius came up with combining the two best things in this world in a single recipe … what better name than chocopapa to baptize that beautiful and chocolatey monster? But also, will God allow us the miracle of making a super beautiful and creamy chocolate cake in so few steps and without having to use cream or eggs? The answer will surprise you!
About this recipe for cake with potato and chocolate
It was time to try this chocopapa recipe in the Can Fail section. This recipe that combines these two great ingredients opens a new world of possibilities, in the field of cakes. So without a doubt that from this humble channel we have put chips on it.
At the same time, I must confess that it does not close me that in such a cruel world it is really possible to make a cake that combines such ingredients. I mean, who comes up with it? It’s like believing in Santa Claus. If this is real, there is no going back. You could make chocolate cream with potato, caramelized potato cakes, potato ice cream, who says …
So let’s embark on this adventure together to find out if God really exists and chocopapa is possible, or Nietzsche was right and God has died along with our hopes of mixing chocolate and mashed potatoes in a dessert.
(Poooor doubts, I leave here the chocolate recipe that surely does not fail and is spectacular: Super chocolaty Brownie
For the base:
- 200 grams chocolate chip cookies
- 100 grs. butter
- 300 grams mashed potatoes
- 300 grams Semisweet chocolate
- 100 grs. butter
- 100 grs. powdered sugar
Step by step to make this cake with potato and chocolate
Easy easy easy
- The first thing we are going to do is cut the potato into rather large pieces and bring them to a boil. Without any salt huh, it’s a sweet recipe.
- While the potato is boiling, we are going to crush the chocolate cookies and mix them with the melted butter. Once we have everything well incorporated, we are going to crush the mixture at the base of a mold. We let it rest.
- When they see that the potato is cooked, strain it and mash it until a puree is obtained.
- In a small container, we place the chocolate with the butter and we take it to the microwave for 1 minute. When removing it, we stir it well until it is incorporated. We are going to tap it for 30 seconds in the microwave until everything is well melted and incorporated.
- From the puree, we are going to weigh 300g and we are going to place them in a bowl and we are going to add the sugar and then the chocolate with the butter. Beat and combine well.
- What remains is to place the mixture as it is on top of the cookies that we put in the mold and put everything in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 hours. And ready!