Instant Pot Steak
I am a big time foodie and love to try new recipes; cooking is like a meditation to me. But now the cooking has changed a lot, now cooking is all about dumping all the ingredients and let it cook, and cooking is done much faster now due to many electric appliances.
As everyone is, busy and they want everything to be quick to save their time. With the invention of Instant pot steak, cooking has become only a matter of a few minutes; you do not have to babysit your meal anymore, just put all the ingredients and forget about it.
By Instant pot steak, you can cook anything from veggies to meat, from rice to peas, just by pressing a few buttons and your job is done. Also, the instant pot comes in different models with different features.
Pressure Cooker Steak Tips:
Its main feature are the options like slow cooking, rice cooking and there are options for pressure level too making it easier for an amateur to cook with perfection.
So today, I am going to share a recipe with you people, that I love and it is going to make your weekend even more enjoyable. The recipe is very filling and requires minimum ingredients but is full of flavors and going to engage all your senses.
Today’s recipe is pepper steak, which is full of nutrients and is served with lots of veggies and a 30 minutes recipe. You do not have to keep all your ingredients ready, as by the time instant pot gets heat up you can cut all the veggies together.
Chinese Pepper Steak Recipe:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups of water
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 3 chopped green onions
- 4 garlic
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1-cup jasmine rice
- For garnish, use 1tbsp of sesame seeds
- Add all the ingredients except veggies and sesame seed.
- Cook ingredients for 3 minutes on high-pressure, then release the pressure, add veggies, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish it with green onions and sesame seeds.
If you like it spicy, then you can add black pepper. But the benefit of cooking is instant pot is your veggies don’t get soggy and retained their original green color, even after being cooked, so there is pro tip for you guys if you don’t want your veggies to be overcooked, then add veggies at the the end like 5 to 10 minutes and they will be fresh and crispy.
Instant Pot Steak Tips
- Secondly, it is totally up to you that you want to release pressure or let the instant pot release pressure naturally, but if you are worried about overcooking then quick release method is a good option. This recipe is super easy, and the ingredients are normally available at home, so there is no reason for you not to try it.
- Instant pot lets you cook an entire meal in a pot like you can cook steak and veggies together in a single pot using a steamer basket, even if you are not that good in cooking the options will let you cook like a chef.
- I am totally in love with the instant pot, and conventional cooking doesn’t excite me anymore, the world is moving with a fast pace and so should we and by using this instant pot, you will be able to save your cooking time and can spend that time with your family or doing other work.
- I am going to share another steak recipe with you, to let you guys know how easy it is to cook using instant pot. But for this steak recipe, you will need to marinate the steak beforehand to make it tender and tasty and the longer the marination, the better.
- But first saute the onions when cooking, and you can adjust the pressure setting, but every model of instant pot has a different pressure setting. Like 6 qt duo, you try to adjust the pressure, it will provide you with 3 pressure level options. Make sure you scrape all the residue food. Otherwise, the instant pot will shut down and will not work due to burn notice.
Instant Pot Steak And Potatoes
- 1 lb. stew meat
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 4 small potatoes, chopped
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ¼-cup milk
- 5 tsp flour
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 tsp garlic
- ¼-cup soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- ¼-cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion, diced
- 1 tsp parsley
- Marinate the meat for few hours in a zip lock bag, so the meat properly soaked in the marination.
- Place the meat in the instant pot after the oil is hot, select the saute button, and let it cook till the meat is brown. Keep 1 ½ tsp of the marination for later use.
- While the meat is getting ready, chopped the potatoes.
- Deg lazed the pot after removing the meat using beef broth.
- Now that the beef broth is cooking, add reserved marination to it.
- Now add the meat in the broth, place a steamer basket, and put the potatoes in it.
- Cook for 15 minutes on high pressure and let the pressure release after 10 minutes, then release the remaining pressure manually.
- Take out the potatoes and mash them by adding 2 tbsp. butter and ¼-cup milk, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the meat and gravy using the saute button.
- Make a paste using 1 tbsp. butter and flour.
- And while the gravy is cooking, add this batter to make the gravy thick.
- Add salt and pepper for enhanced flavors.
- Serve the meat with mashed potatoes.
Therefore, these were the two recipes that are easy to cook, requires less preparation and fast cooking, and is full of flavor and nutrients. So do try these recipes in an instant pot and have an all-new experience of cooking.