How To Make Boiled Potatoes In Instant Pot
Table of Contents
- How To Make Boiled Potatoes In Instant Pot
By placing a strainer in the pressure cooker, tipping the potatoes in, adding 1 cup of water and then cooking at level 1 for 7-8 minutes!
Why Do You Cook Potatoes In A Instant Pot ?
This is quite simple, because in the pressure cooker they succeed at least as easily as in a common saucepan. However, the preparation of jacket potatoes in the instant pot has several advantages:
- they only need a little water
- the cooking time is much shorter
- you can use your instant pot
- the pilling of the potatoes is absolutely easy.
- Sieve insert into the instant pot
- Clean potatoes and dump them into the SKT
- Add 1 cup of water (about 250ml)
- Close pot and cook for 7-8 min at cooking level 1
- Let it evaporate slowly
- And the last step is Quench and peel potatoes
Instant Pot Steamed Potatoes
The recipe for steamed potatoes is prepared with steamed potatoes cut into equal pieces that we will insert in an aluminum-covered colander. Here are the steps for steamed potatoes.
- TIME:15 min of preparation15 min of cooking
- Potatoes 700 g
- Butter to taste
PreparationSteamed potatoes Cut the previously peeled and washed potatoes into equal pieces.Steamed potatoes Take a colander and line a sheet of aluminum and place it in a pot so that the water does not touch the colander.
Steamed potatoesPlace the potatoes inside, cover them and cook them. After a few minutes they will be ready to be served as a tasty side dish.
Instant Pot Boiled Potatoes For Potato Salad
The instant pot boiled potatoes for potato salad is a simple and tasty side dish. A very easy recipe, perfect to prepare in all seasons. It is the ideal dish to accompany meat or fish dishes.
The potatoes are boiled and then seasoned with a vinaigrette based on olive oil and vinegar. To prepare it, just shake the ingredients in a jar. In a few seconds, you will get a well-emulsified and really tasty sauce. Complete adding it to the potatoes, together with some chopped parsley.
I’m sure you will love this salad too: delicate but rich in taste, it will be snapped up! A very easy cold dish, to prepare even in advance.
Preparation:5 minutes Cooking:30 minutes Difficulty:very easy Servings:4 people Cost:Very cheap
- 600 g Potatoes (better if new)
- 1 tuft of parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tbsp red vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper
- To prepare the POTATO SALAD start by washing the potatoes. After that, place them in a pan with cold, slightly salted water.
- Cook them for about 40 minutes, drain when they are cooked. To check the cooking, just insert them with the blade of a knife, if it enters without effort, the potatoes are ready.
- Let them cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the vinaigrette to season the POTATO SALAD:
- Pour the vinegar, olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper into a glass jar.
- Close with a lid and shake the jar vigorously for a few seconds. You will get a well emulsified sauce.
- Now, peel the potatoes and cut them into slices, pieces or wedges. Arrange them in a bowl. Season them with the prepared vinaigrette. Complete by sprinkling the surface of the POTATO SALAD with chopped parsley.
- tore the POTATO SALAD in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You can also prepare it the day before.
The most suitable potatoes for boiling are the slightly floury ones. Therefore, in season, use the new potatoes, while throughout the year you give preference to the yellow paste or red skin varieties. These keep cooking better and do not flake.