Since its winters and who does not just love eating in winter, but cooking can be tough sometimes and time-consuming too and when you are feeling too cold to get up and cook for yourself is the when you should use your instant pot.
Where you have to dump all the ingredients, and your job is done, now wait for it to cook your meal.
So to make your winters warmer and full of eating, I am here with yet another recipe that’s finger licking good, very easy to make, you can also freeze it, and you would love it on a cold night.
Everyone in my family loves this recipe even kids, and I love it too because of the easy recipe and yummy result.
Chili Chicken In The Instant Pot:
Now that you now that I am going to share the recipe of chili chicken with you guys, so all you have to is dump all the ingredients and mix it and press the button for chili, or you can manually adjust the pressure by setting high pressure for 18 minutes.
So another question that will be popping in your mind is will it take more time if I put frozen chicken in the cooker then the answer is not really if you put fresh chicken then it will take 8 minutes otherwise, 12 minutes. So even if you cook with a frozen chicken, it is still going to take you 18 minutes cooking time.
How To Make It In The Slow Cooker?
It’s the same like you are pressure cooking, but if you are planning to go somewhere and you want your food to be ready by the time you reach home, so slow cooking is a good option. All you have to do is add all the ingredients to the cooker but the ingredients will need 6 to 8 hours to cook and after that add the cream cheese, milk after shredding the chicken and wait for another 30 minutes for its consistency to get thicken. Because if you re slow cooking then your chicken should be so soft and warm that It should melt in your mouth.
What Makes The Perfect Instant Pot Chicken Chili?
The recipe I am going to share is not that spicy, but even if you like It, you can adjust the spice level according to your taste buds. You can freeze the leftover, and when you need it, you can keep it in the fridge overnight to get defrost and then you can reheat it in the oven or on the stove or even in the instant pot in the low cooker on low pressure. If you are using a small instant pot, then make sure you do not overfill it and fill only 2/3 of it.
Instant Pot Chili Chicken:
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts
- 1-cup broth
- 398 ml of brown beans in tomato sauce
- 127 ml green chilies, chopped
- 398 ml of tomatoes, diced
- 1-cup corn kernels
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 398 of black beans
- 1 tsp dries oregano
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼-cup milk
- For garnish: Cilantro, sour cream, avocado, tortilla chips, cheddar cheese.
For Pressure Cooking:
- Add all the ingredients in the instant pot and give it a good stir, close the lid and lock it in that position, make sure the vent is properly sealed.
- Then press the chili and let it cook for 18 minutes or change the settings to manual and cook it on high pressure for 18 minutes. After the cooking is done, let the cooker release pressure for 10 and then release the remaining pressure manually.
- Now you will need to shred the chicken, either do it with a fork or with a knife, whatever you like.
- Now add cream cheese and milk in a bowl and mix it until it gets fluffy. Or you can use the microwave to heat the milk and cheese for a while and put it in the cooker and use the sauté button keeping the level of pressure to low and let it cook and keep stirring for 5 minutes, and you will see the chicken gravy changing its consistency to thick and tadaa! Your meal is ready.
- Serve it with tortilla chips or avocado.
- Do the same thing that you did when pressure cooking, add all the ingredients in the crock and mix it well.
- Now you have to let it cook for 6 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
- Now shred the chicken using a fork or a knife, either way, you like it.
- Then again heat the milk and cream cheese in the microwave for a while and mix it and pour it in the instant pot and wait for the consistency of the chicken gravy to change, and you have to wait for 30 minutes for your meal to get ready.
- Top it with tortilla chips, or cream cheese.
Please note that if you plan to do slow cooking, then it would be better to use fresh chicken instead of frozen one, as it is not safe to use frozen chicken for slow cooking.
I made this recipe using Duo Instant Pot 8 quart, that is spacious enough for me to cook in large batches or if you have to cook for a big family and the options available on the cooker makes it extremely easy for me to cook within minimum time. So do try this recipe and you can make changes to the recipe and can also adjust the spice level according to what you like. And you can use cayenne pepper to make it a bit spicier.
In the end, it is all about how the food is cooked and trust me it turned out delicious and very filling so do let me know how you guys liked it.