Instant pot is such a great invention. It only minimizes cooking time but also makes cooking easy by providing you with a lot of cooking options like rice, stew, egg, cake, broth, soup, yogurt and so much more. All you have to do is carefully read the menu, select a recipe from the internet or the booklet that comes with the instant pot and then dump all the ingredient and let the instant pot do the cooking.
Me being an amateur in cooking always wanted something magical that would make the cooking easier and now that I have this instant pot, I feel like a master chef now, everything cooks perfectly. I add all the ingredients, and my instant pot does the rest.
I am not a meat lover and prefer veggies over meat, so I have tried few recipes with my instant pot, and out of them, few of them are good, and I want to share it with you guys. Since I am a working lady, so it gets difficult for me to spend a whole lot of time on cooking, but with instant pot, I am at ease.
Here are a few Vegan Instant Pot Recipes 2019 that you should try because they are so delicious and so tasty, that you would cook these recipes again and again;
Table of Contents
Since its winters, and soup is a great way to make yourself feel warm, and it is a great appetizer, and the ingredients are easily available, and it’s easy to make.
- 1 ½ kg of Roma tomatoes, cut into two
- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable stock)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion medium size, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream (or coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. salted butter (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce (soya sauce)
- 2 tbsp. rice
- Pinch of dried basil and dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch sugar
- For garnishing use fresh basil
- Put layers of the tomatoes in a preheated oven (400 F), and put salt and pepper on it along with some olive oil and bit of sugar and let it bake for 45-65 minutes.
- You can also use instant pot sauté mode to brown tomatoes.
- Then heat the instant pot by keeping the pressure to medium-high and press the sauté button.
- Firstly, sauté onions with butter then add garlic along with salt and pepper and lastly, add carrots and cook until soft.
- Then add the broth to deglaze the cook and scrape all the leftover carefully.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients along with the remaining broth and cook it on high pressure for 3 minutes, now turn off the cooker and let it release pressure automatically for 10 minutes.
- Now take out the soup in a bowl, blend it, and add heavy cream, salt and pepper and a bit of sugar for a more balanced taste.
- Your dish is ready, serve it with fresh basil.
That is my personal favorite because I love potatoes in every form. This Vegan Instant Pot Recipes 2019 that I am sharing with you is pocket-friendly, very filling, and requires fewer ingredients so for me it is a win-win situation that you get to eat such good food that too with minimum ingredients.
1 onion medium size, chopped4 chopped garlic cloves2 tbsp. curry paste2 cups of water2 cups of green beans400ml coconut milk1 tbsp. sugarSalt and pepper as per taste1 tsp red pepper flakes3 tbsp. cornstarch
- Press the sauté button, add few drops of water, add onions, and let it cook until soft.
- Now add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add curry paste, coconut milk, sugar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and let it cook for 20 minutes by changing the manual settings to high pressure after which the pressure will release automatically.
- Then mix the cornstarch in a bowl with water to make a thick paste and add it in the cooker and press the sauté button.
- Lastly, add green beans and salt pepper according to your taste buds and let it cook for 5 minutes.
If you are a daal lover then you give this Vegan Instant Pot Recipes 2019 a try, it’s easy to make, full of spices and perfect for dinner, doesn’t require much ingredients and cooking time is also less and on top of that it’s my favorite recipe;
- 3/4 cup chana dal (soaked for an hour)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- Tempering (bhagar)
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
- 2 red chilies, dried
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- Add tomato, water, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala, and Chana daal.
- Select high pressure by manual setting for 8 minutes and close the lid.
- Now give it a mix and press the sauté button.
- Now we need to do the bhagar by heating the oil on the stove and add cumin, and mustard seeds then add hing, garlic, and dried red chilies.
- When the garlic turns golden brown, turn off the flame and add the bhagar to the instant pot.
- Serve it with few drops of lemon juice and rice.
If you want to make the daal a bit spicier, then cut the dried red chilies into two, and it will get very spicy.
Therefore, these were the few Vegan Instant Pot Recipes 2019 that I wanted to share with you guys because I find it easy to make, less time consuming, budget-friendly and they consist of easily available ingredients, and one should keep trying new recipes so that he does not get bored of eating the same thing again & again.
The tomato soup would be the perfect appetizer for you on a cold night; potato curry is filling so you can make it when you are starving, and lastly, daal chana is something that you can eat anytime.