Broccoli is several times healthier than other varieties of this vegetable (white cabbage, cauliflower). For this reason, the vegetable is introduced into the menu for infants and people who have suffered serious illnesses.
Is broccoli juice good for you? The answer to this question will be discussed in the article.
How to consume broccoli juice?
Table of Contents
It is more useful to make juice from boiled vegetables or steamed broccoli. The duration of heat treatment is no more than 20 minutes. The product is crushed and passed through a blender or a meat grinder, and the juice is squeezed out of the resulting gruel.
The drink cannot be boiled again or heated in a microwave oven: the beneficial properties of the vegetable are destroyed.
It is undesirable to drink more than 200 ml of the product at a time. A large amount of fiber in cabbage can provoke a metabolic disorder, which threatens to stop growth.
With caution, the product is consumed with gastritis with high acidity, since the vegetable enhances the production of hydrochloric acid in the digestive organ.
For what purposes can broccoli juice be used? There are many areas of application of this drink, each of them should be considered separately:
Read More Most Nutritious Vegetables To Juice
- Diet therapy . The juice can be drunk during any diet, as it is characterized by a low calorie content – 25 calories per 200 ml of drink. The product reduces the feeling of hunger during a diet due to the high amount of fiber that fills the stomach.
- Restoration of the immune system. Fresh vegetable can be used to strengthen the body’s defenses along with vitamin complexes. The product contains the substances necessary for the prevention of viral and infectious pathologies – vitamins C, A and E.
- Restoration of vision . To enhance the effect, cabbage juice is half mixed with carrot juice. Broccoli contains antioxidants that inhibit the development of myopia and other problems of the visual system.
- Strengthening the musculoskeletal system . By the content of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, the product is several times superior to dairy products. But in comparison with whole milk, fresh vegetable does not provoke the development of allergic reactions.
- Prevention of breast cancer . Antietrogenic compounds in the vegetable make it possible to normalize hormonal levels in women and reduce the amount of estrogen produced, which provokes breast cancer.
Broccoli juice is a unique product that is used in cosmetology, diet therapy, cancer prevention and other areas. To get the most out of the drink, you must follow all the rules for its preparation and recommended dosages.
Broccoli juice benefits and harms
The benefits of broccoli juice are determined not only by the set of vitamins and other useful components, but also by the absence of dangerous substances that can be harmful.
Not all plants that are fertilized with chemicals threaten human health. There is a list of products that do not lose their beneficial properties during processing and blocks the negative effects of pesticides on the human body. This includes broccoli.
Interesting fact! Pesticides do not take root in broccoli due to their high phytunutrient content. In addition, the vegetable is a hardy crop that does not require intensive chemical processing.
The composition of this type of cabbage includes the following substances necessary for the normal functioning of the body:
- vitamins of group B, C, A, U, E;
- useful amino acids;
- beta carotene;
- dietary fiber and fiber;
And now in more detail:
- Dietary fiber normalizes the digestion process. Due to this, toxic elements are removed from the body in time. Dietary fiber is effective in helping to relieve constipation and normalizing stool consistency.
- Amino acids are essential for building a protein cell. Without these substances, the process of transporting nutrients is impossible.
- Chlorophyll is an important component of the juice. The substance improves blood composition and increases hemoglobin levels
- Vitamins A, C and E strengthen the immune system and keep the body in good shape: 1 glass of broccoli juice, drunk on an empty stomach, reliably protects against infectious and viral diseases.
- Beta Keratin allows you to use broccoli juice when creating face masks. The substance improves the condition of the skin and gives it youth. To improve the condition of the skin and hair, the drink is taken orally.
Important! Broccoli cabbage juice contains as much protein and protein as green peas, and the product is not inferior to beef in terms of the number of amino acids.
It is believed that broccoli juice is only beneficial for humans; harm from the product is obtained only if the rules for its preparation are violated.