We are hearing more and more about the benefits of consuming most nutritious vegetables to juice. But why not eat whole vegetables instead? The point is that in vegetables nutrients are trapped in fibrous cells. And it is very rare that we chew our vegetables enough to release the nutrients they contain from the fiber. Since our stomachs have no teeth, the nutrients that still get there, still trapped in cellulose, will pass straight into our digestive system.
On the other hand, whole foods take several hours of digestion before the nutrients they contain are assimilated at the cellular level. Thus, juices extracted from fresh and raw vegetables offer an excellent way to provide our cells and tissues with all the nutrients and enzymes that we need. So, it is vitally important to use “live foods” to give our cells what they need to repair themselves as they reproduce, and the supply of fresh juice. to our diet ensures quick and easy assimilation of nutrients.
Here is a quick overview of the juices that are most beneficial for your health. We have privileged, below, the most common vegetables and those which had the most therapeutic properties and we offer you at the end of the article, an additional juice: the juice of wheatgrass, the one that we could call it “the juice of the juices”.
1. Carrot juice
Table of Contents
- 1. Carrot juice
- 2. Beet juice
- 3. Celery root juice
- 4. Cucumber juice
- 5. Dandelion juice
- 6. Jerusalem artichoke juice
- 7. Seaweed juices
- 8. Spinach juice
- 9. The ultimate juice : wheatgrass juice
- Depending on the state of health of each individual, raw carrot juice can be consumed all the time in reasonable quantities, from 50cl to 300 or 400 cl per day. It has the effect of helping to standardize the entire system. It is the richest source of vitamin A that the human body can assimilate quickly, and provides an important supply of vitamins B, C, D, E, G, and K. It opens the appetite and aids digestion.
- Provided it is properly extracted from fresh, clean, good quality raw carrots, carrot juice is particularly rich in vital organic alkaline elements such as sodium and potassium. It also has a good content of calcium, magnesium and iron, while phosphorus, sulfur, silicon and chlorine perfectly balance the previous ones.
- It is recommended for the consolidation and maintenance of the bone structure of the teeth.
- Breastfeeding mothers will benefit greatly from drinking large amounts of carrot juice, properly prepared, in order to optimize the quality of their milk, as breastfeeding may in some cases not provide enough vital nutrients. In the last months of pregnancy, carrot juice consumed in good quantities is a factor in reducing the risk of puerperal fever after childbirth.
- Drinking 50cl of carrot juice every day will always be more restorative for the body than swallowing massive amounts of calcium tablets.
- Raw carrot juice is an agent of resistance to infections, its action being combined with that of the adrenal glands. It helps in the prevention of ophthalmia and laryngitis, tonsillitis and sinusitis, and all infections of the respiratory organs in general. It effectively protects the nervous system and is unrivaled as a stimulant of vigor and vitality.
- Liver disease and bowel disease are sometimes due to deficiencies in the elements that carrot juice is rich in. When this is the case, a conspicuous cleansing of the liver occurs and there is a dissolution of the materials that encumbered it. This phenomenon is sometimes so important that the intestinal and urinary tracts prove insufficient to control it, so, in a perfectly natural way, these secretions pass into the lymph which eliminates them from the body through the pores of the skin. The evacuation of these secretions, tinged with an orange or yellow pigment, tends to color the skin. When such coloring occurs after the absorption of carrot juice, or other juices, it is an indication that the liver is undergoing a deserved cleansing.
- It is not the carrot juice itself or the carotene that pigment the secretions, as the coloring of the skin can be observed even after the juice has been filtered and stripped of almost all of its pigment. It is just as absolutely impossible for carotene to cross the skin barrier, as it would be for the red pigment in beets to color the body red, or for the chlorophyll in green vegetables to green our complexion …
- In any case, isn’t it better to sport healthy, silky skin, even if it is slightly orange (but don’t some see it as an advantageous substitute for tanning…) rather than a complexion? waxy that will betray the poor physical condition of the body, especially when accompanied by pimples and other skin marks?
- Rather than bemoaning the appearance of this coloring, which will eventually fade anyway, be rather thankful that the deterioration of your liver has been stopped or prevented by the consumption of juice! However, this skin coloration can be delayed by slowing down the cleaning process, either by changing the juice or by adding other juices to that which is the cause of such a rapid cleaning action. Lack of sleep and rest, overwork, can also cause changes in skin color.
- The endocrine glands, mainly gonads and adrenal glands, need the nutrients found in raw carrot juice.
- Infertility is sometimes overcome through its use. The cause of sterility can in some cases be attributed to the permanent consumption of foods emptied of their atoms and enzymes by cooking or pasteurization.
- The problems of dry skin, dermatitis, and other skin spots are due to the deficiencies of the nutrients in carrot juice. This is also the factor of eye disorders such as ophthalmia, conjunctivitis, etc.
- As an aid in the absorption of ulcers and cancers, raw carrot juice is certainly one of the interesting foods of our time.
- It sometimes happens that after drinking large amounts of carrot juice, a reaction or slight annoyance may follow. This is a perfectly normal consequence which indicates that nature has begun to cleanse the house that is your body and that this juice is the most suitable instrument for this purpose. To conclude that this juice would not be suitable for your body would indicate a misunderstanding, because carrot juice is neither more nor less than organic water of the purest quality and the best food for the body. If the juice is fresh and has been correctly extracted, it cannot have any other action…. even with the most fertile imagination… to provide the enzymes, vital atoms and vital organic water that your tissues and cells demand.
- Carrot juice has a combination of nutrients for the whole body, helping to regulate weight and chemical balance. It is particularly nourishing for the ocular system, as demonstrated by the case of the many young people who were first refused admission tests to pilot schools for vision defects, and who a few weeks later had received a cure. of carrot juice could be integrated with a perfect vision balance.
- The carrot juice molecule is identical to the blood molecule. The most sophisticated microscopes have made it possible to demonstrate the perfect analogy between the molecule of carrot juice and the molecule of blood. In view of this most interesting and revealing fact, it is hardly surprising that we have discovered so many benefits in this juice!
- It is its high percentage of vital organic sodium that constitutes the most remarkable quality of celery juice. Among the chemical properties of sodium is that of keeping calcium in solution. This is the state where calcium is found in the human body.
2. Beet juice
Following the publication in 1970 of a work by scientific authors Ferenczi, Seeger and Trub on the therapeutic efficacy of beets, several doctors in Europe began to experiment with this “healthy vegetable” in the course of their practice. Since then, a number of reports have followed one another which has brought to the fore a whole field of possible therapeutic applications.
Read more Juicing Bodybuilding
- Physician and researcher Dr Siegmund Schmidt from Bad Rotherfelde argues that beetroot juice is a valid remedy for diseases caused by radiation emitted by x-rays and other radiation sources.
- Scientific reports also indicate that people who have traveled to the tropics have beaten malaria with the help of beetroot juice.
- For years in Europe red beet has been used for gout, seborrheic cap and open wounds. Red beet juice helps the body to eliminate uric acid, which, of course, explains its effectiveness in treating gout.
- Red beet juice therapy has shown the most impressive results in the complementary treatment of cancer. Indeed, this therapy has been shown to work to normalize the deficient oxygen exchange in cells and on abnormal metabolism.
- Researchers Ferenczi, Seeger and Trub attribute this beneficial action to the oxygenating power of certain enzymes contained in beetroot. In their book, Red Beets in Supplementary Therapy of Patients with Malignant Neoplasms, the researchers state that “red beet juice increases the deficient oxygenation of the cell by about 1,000 to 1,250 percent, that is. ie the standardization is complete. “
- Dr Ferenczi prescribed beet juice for patients with malignant tumors. He reports that “Of the 38 patients treated, two did not respond to this treatment, but we observed signs of improvement in all the others and 8 saw their tumors disappear.”
- Beet juice is also one of the most useful juices to help rebuild red blood cells and normalize the blood.
- This juice was especially helpful to women for PMS and symptoms of menopause.
- However, one should not take too much
beet juice at once as it detoxifies the liver. And remember that urine and feces will be tinged red, which is quite normal.
- Although the iron content of beets is not extremely high, its quality and assimilability make this vegetable a great ally of the blood and a builder of hemoglobin . In addition, its high potassium content (20%) makes it a support for all the functions of the body.
3. Celery root juice
Raw celery has a vital organic sodium concentration that is four times its calcium concentration. This property makes it one of the most suitable juices for people who have consumed almost only concentrated sugars and starches throughout their life.
- Sodium plays a particularly important role in the physiological processes of the body. One of the main ones is to maintain the fluidity of blood and lymph by preventing their thickening. The only sodium of real value for this, however, is vital organic sodium from fresh vegetables and some fruits.
- It alkalizes the blood and is a good source of sodium to counter the harmful effects of sugars and concentrated starches. It is rich in magnesium and iron, normalizes body temperature in hot weather. Ideal as an accompaniment to a carrot-apple juice because it will lower the glycemic index of the preparation.
- In hot, dry weather, it is especially refreshing and soothing to drink a glass of celery juice in the morning, and one in the afternoon, between meals. This has the effect of normalizing the body temperature and providing real comfort compared to the sensations of suffocation, discomfort and sweating that people around us experience.
- In the case of nerve disorders resulting from the degeneration of the myelin (sheath of the nerves), the abundant consumption of carrot and celery juice helps restore a normal condition and alleviate these disorders.
- The magnesium and iron content of celery, which is a valuable combination for blood cells, is very high. Most diseases of the nervous system and the blood system are mainly due to inorganic mineral elements and salts absorbed by the body in the form of devitalized foods and sedatives.
- If the supply of sulfur, iron and calcium from the diet is deficient, and even if it is important but in an inorganic and devitalized form, disorders such as asthma, rheumatism, hemorrhoids can result. Imbalanced proportions of sulfur and phosphorus in the diet can lead to mental states of irritability, neurasthenia, and even madness. In addition, many of the illnesses heretofore attributed to excess uric acid in the body can be caused by a diet too rich in phosphoric acid and deficient in sulfur.
- The carrot-celery juice combination provides a perfectly balanced combination of these organic minerals that helps fight these diseases and help affected body parts return to normal condition.
4. Cucumber juice
Cucumber juice is probably the best natural diuretic that we know of. It in turn has many other properties, in particular that of promoting hair growth thanks to its high level of silicon and sulfur, especially associated with carrot-lettuce-spinach juice. It contains over 40% potassium, 10% sodium, 7.5% calcium, 20% phosphorus and 7% chlorine.
- Cucumber-carrot juice is very beneficial for rheumatism, which results from excessive uric acid retention. Adding beet juice to this combination will hasten the relief.
- The high potassium content of cucumber juice makes it a significant asset in regulating blood pressure, in cases of hypertension such as hypotension, it is also effective for gum and dental conditions.
- Hair (preventing hair loss) and nails (hardening) will also gain a lot from the mineral content in cucumber juice.
- Cucumber-carrot-lettuce juice is a remedy for rashes of all kinds. Adding a little alfalfa juice will increase its effectiveness to a certain extent.
5. Dandelion juice
This juice is one of our most appreciable tonics. It is useful in combating acidity and to help normalize the alkalinity of the system. Excessively rich in potassium, calcium and sodium, it is also our richest food in magnesium and iron.
- Magnesium is essential for the solidification of the skeleton. Getting enough magnesium and organic calcium throughout the day for the duration of pregnancy will help prevent dental degeneration in the mother and strengthen the bones of the child. In judicious combination with calcium, iron and sulfur, magnesium is essential for the formation of certain components of the blood. Endowed with exceptional vitalizing powers, this magnesium is a constituent of the cells of the body, and in particular of the pulmonary tissues and the nervous system.
- It should not be confused with the magnesium of pharmaceutical preparations which contain inorganic minerals interfering with the vital functions of the organism. All chemical preparations of magnesium, powder or tablets, cause deposits of unnecessary inorganic material in the body. Although they may bring the more or less immediate results that are expected of them, these results will be purely temporary. The side effects of deposits of inorganic matter in the body are likely to have much more devastating repercussions in the longer or shorter term. I prefer to follow the adage of the sage whose principle is to choose prudence today to avoid regrets tomorrow…
- Dandelion juice obtained from the leaves and roots of the plant, and combined with juice from carrots and turnip tops (# 48) will help relieve bone and spine pain, and strengthen teeth by preventing pyorrhea and the cavities.
6. Jerusalem artichoke juice
This vegetable, correctly extracted, can provide a liter and a half of juice for 2kg of tubers. It is rich in alkaline minerals, especially potassium which represents more than 50% of all other minerals present
- Jerusalem artichoke comes from a species of sunflower. It is the tuber of a plant widely cultivated in Italy and known there as Carciofo or Archicioffo-Girasole, in other words artichoke-sunflower. The word Giraosle was Anglicized in Jerusalem, which is why Jerusalem artichoke is for English speakers a “Jerusalem artichoke”!
- Raw, this vegetable contains the enzyme inulase and a large amount of inulin. Inulin is a substance that looks like starch is that the enzyme inulase convert into fructose. It is therefore a tuber that diabetics can consume in peace. Its juice is as tasty as it is healthy, whether taken on its own or with carrot juice.
7. Seaweed juices
For millions of years, the rains have dragged into the seabed a quantity of sediment torn from the land and the mountains, thus making up the most fertile ground on the planet at the bottom of the oceans.
- Algae is one of our richest food supplements. Their roots sometimes sink more than eight thousand meters below the surface of the oceans while their ‘branches’ float on the surface where the action of enzymes and sunlight causes their nodules and leaves to grow.
- The best known in our regions are dulse (palmari, palmata, red algae from the Channel and Atlantic coasts), sea lettuce (ulva lactuca, one of the rare green algae to be eaten) and Breton kombu (taminaria saccharina or digitata, very rich in iodine).
- All seaweed is an excellent source of organic iodine, which is rarely found in its mineral or trace elemental form in our common vegetables.
- It’s easy to see how important algae can be nutritionally when it is known that the seabed contains more than 59 elements found in nature and listed in Mendeleev’s periodic table.
- By using algae in moderation as a supplement to our diet, we can be sure to provide our body with a large number of trace elements so necessary for our well-being, which we do not find in fruits and vegetables.
8. Spinach juice
Recognized since time immemorial, spinach is the most vital food for the digestive system as a whole, stomach, duodenum, small intestine and large intestine.
- With raw spinach, nature has given man the most subtle organic substance to cleanse, rebuild and regenerate the entire intestinal tract. Properly prepared, consumed at a rate of around 50cl per day, spinach juice often resolves the most acute cases of constipation in the space of a few days or weeks.
- The spinach juice will cleanse and help regenerate the entire intestinal tract. As it acts by natural means and begins to repair most of the damage as a priority, we do not always measure the progress of this regenerative work and not feel the effects of consuming spinach juice for six weeks at a time. two months.
- Another interesting property of spinach juice is its action on teeth and gums and its prevention of pyorrhea.
- This food is one of the most vital for the digestive system as a whole. Raw, it is the most subtle organic substance to cleanse, rebuild and regenerate the entire intestinal tract.
- Its consumption therefore has a positive influence on a large majority of diseases and ailments. Its nutrients also act on the health of teeth and gums, protect against pyorrhea (attenuated form of scurvy due to a deficiency in vitamin C). It contains vitamins C and E.
- Spinach, lettuce, watercress, carrots and green peppers are among the vegetables richest in vitamins C and E. Vitamin E deficiency is a significant factor in miscarriage, impotence and sterility both in humans and in women. Some forms of paralysis are due to a lack of vitamin E, which is also responsible for apathy and overall malaise and incomplete metabolism.
- The effectiveness of spinach as a “laxative” in the general opinion is due to its high content of oxalic acid. The importance of oxalic acid for our intestinal activity is such that it deserves special attention. It is therefore the subject of a special paragraph.
- If you don’t want to risk an accumulation of crystals of oxalic acid in the kidneys, and the consequent renal colic, avoid consuming cooked spinach!
Buying them ready-made, is that the solution?
It’s important to know that no store-bought bottled juice, whether it’s a supermarket or health food store, contains all of the vital elements that fresh juice does. First, enzymes start to disappear from a liquid after about half an hour. In addition, to ensure their preservation, bottled juices must be brought to the boiling point, which makes them “dead” substances, because all enzymes are killed by heat.
The only solution therefore remains to make your own juices, for this you have to use an extractor which “chews” the vegetables, that is to say which crushes the cell wall of the fiber. Cheaper, centrifugal-type juicers “scrape” vegetables rather than crush them, and many nutrients remain in the fiber.
9. The ultimate juice : wheatgrass juice
We couldn’t complete this panorama without mentioning one of the most complete juices available in nature: wheatgrass juice. Its preparation is a little more complicated (we will detail it a little later). But it is, so to speak, the juice of the juices.
Wheatgrass juice indeed contains an exceptional concentrate of nutrients: vitamins A, B, C and E, 92 out of 118 minerals, 18 amino acids (including the 8 essential), digestive enzymes, proteins… It is estimated that 1 kg of fresh wheatgrass is the equivalent in overall nutritional value of 22 kg of common ordinary vegetables. In seven days, it is possible to make a juice capable of recovering your vital energy and solving or improving most general health problems. Wheatgrass juice also contains a very high concentration of chlorophyll which will regenerate the blood. Chlorophyll indeed makes it possible to manufacture new blood. According to different studies, 20 to 30 ml per day of juice is enough to provide what is necessary for all those who live 100%,athletes and all those who wish to be relieved of pain or any disease.
You will need to get:
- a dozen plastic cafeteria trays (or more depending on the size of the family),
- two or three large glass jars,
- gauze to seal the jars,
- large rubber bands to fix the gauze,
- topsoil that you buy in a garden center or that you take from your lawn, if necessary. No manure compost which would risk carrying diseases.
- peat (in garden centers),
- a juice extractor (manual or electric),
- optionally, 2 bins in which holes are drilled 5 cm apart for the recycling compost.
- ? and the main one which is the wheat to germinate (in health food shops).
- Mix three parts of topsoil with one part of peat or vegetable compost.
- Spread this mixture on the trays about 3 cm thick.
- To seed a tray, you need a cup of wheat seeds that you rinse beforehand to remove dirt.
- Put them in jars that are filled with water. Cover with gauze that is fixed with an elastic and leave to soak overnight or about 12 hours.
- Then, rinse the wheat well to eliminate germination toxins and place the jar upside down at 45 °, still with gauze for 12 additional hours.
- Distribute the sprouted grains over the soil of the tray that has been moistened beforehand. Make a small trench with your finger along the edges to eventually collect excess water. Spray the grains with water and cover with a second tray placed upside down, which reproduces a hot and humid ecosystem. Leave in place for 2 to 3 days depending on the ambient temperature.
- Open then, water again and place the tray in indirect light. The grass should be 2 to 3 cm high. Its color is white or cream. Direct sunlight would retard growth at this stage and dry out the soil. If mold appears, it means that you have put too much water or that the temperature is too high (20 to 25 ° C is suitable).
- From this point on, you will need to water every day. You can add to the water of your choice, seaweed powder, rock powder or other natural fertilizer. But it is optional.
Grass can be harvested when it is about 8 to 10 inches tall. It takes between 6 and 12 days depending on the ambient temperature.
If all this protocol exhausts you in advance, know that there is a ready-to-use formula in the form of powder of young organic wheatgrass sprouts in order to retain all the virtues and all the bioavailability.