How Long Does Blended Juice Last
Table of Contents
You want to include in your daily routine a juice or green smoothie but you can not prepare it every day … Is it possible to leave them ready and save them for later? In this post we tell you everything you need to know to preserve your juices and green smoothies for longer and How Long Does Fresh Juice Last ?
Consume a fresh juice or smoothie, freshly prepared, will always be the best option, both in taste and in nutrients and food quality. When squeezing or mixing the fruits and vegetables – in your slow juicer or the machine you use -, they begin to slowly degrade in a process known as oxidation, where as the color, taste, and quality of nutrients pass over time It starts to decay.
However, between drinking a juice or milkshake prepared a day ago, or having a coffee with toast, juice or milkshake is a more natural, integral, fresh and nutritious option. Therefore, if you cannot prepare your juice or smoothie daily, we encourage you to try different techniques that will save you time and allow you to enjoy your juice or smoothie no matter how tight your schedule is.
- The general recommendation to store a juice or milkshake prepared by us, is to pack in a container, bottle or glass jar as full as possible, so that there is little or no air inside the container.
- A juice or shake kept carefully following the recommendations of the previous point, lasts 72 hours cooled. It is normal for the color and / or taste to be altered or changed, since it is a 100% natural food, free of preservatives and stabilizers. Beat well before consuming, and voila!
- To better preserve the color and flavor of your juices, we always recommend adding the juice of 1 lemon, in this way, oxidation is delayed a little more.
- It is important to keep in mind that the oxidation process in the fruit begins when it is removed from the tree, so it is better to consume fresh, ripe and seasonal fruit, and drink your juice or smoothie as soon as possible.
- If you have some time in the morning, try keeping small containers with frozen fruits and vegetables ready for your smoothie or smoothie in the freezer. In this way, you have the portion ready and you just need to add water or vegetable milk, whisk and go. This is a very fast option, and on Sunday you can prepare sachets for the whole week.
- The general recommendation of duration (72 hrs refrigerated) is because being a live and raw food, it is prone to the growth of bacteria, so after that time the juice naturally begins a fermentation process, in other words, if you don’t you drink that juice, other organisms are going to feed on it.
- There are some exceptions that we do not recommend keeping for 72 hours, such as orange and grapefruit juice, since vitamin C is the most sensitive to heat and the passage of time, so an orange juice squeezed a few hours ago has lost almost all vitamin C content, becoming bitter and changing color. If you are going to prepare orange or grapefruit juice, we recommend you consume it immediately.