Conserving natural juices is a real lifesaver when you don’t have much time and don’t want to consume industrial juices. This can help you How To Store Fresh Juice and have healthy drinks whenever you need them, without having to prepare them whenever you want one.
That is why, in this article we will give you some tips to prepare and preserve natural shakes , without much effort. Never give up the quality of fresh fruit, with our preservation recommendations.
How to Preserve Fruit Juice
Table of Contents
- How to Preserve Fruit Juice
- How To Store Fresh Juice Video
When a juice or smoothie is prepared, the original structure of the fruit is altered, breaking its cell walls. This process has as a consequence an oxidation process of the fruit, deteriorating its flavor and properties. This process is what is called a defense mechanism that plants have to prevent infections.
Although this oxidation takes place within a few minutes of squeezing a juice, you will not be able to notice it in industrial drinks. The main cause of this phenomenon are the treatments given to them, with sugars and other added elements.
- However, you may be able to keep smoothies without much effort. You just have to consider some considerations and forget about preservatives and additives.
Tips For Preserving Juices: How To Store Fresh Juice
Then we will give you some points that you should keep in mind if you want to keep your shakes.
- Always try to use seasonal fruits and with adequate ripening. So you can extract a good amount of juice and a concentrated flavor.
- Chill or scald the fruit before squeezing it. This process allows the oxidation process to be carried out more slowly. However, it tends to affect the taste of some fruits.
- Filter the juice to remove the pulp. You may enjoy the pulp and its texture in your smoothies. However, enzymes use it to carry out the oxidation process. That is why a good filtering will help to reduce the rate of oxidation.
- Lemon can be used to preserve your juices. By adding three teaspoons of lemon juice per liter, you will be able to lower the pH, reducing oxidation.
- Packing. You must have clean containers to store your smoothies. Preferably that they close tightly. You can also use a vacuum filling machine, if you have one.
Pasteurization as a form of conservation
We have already given you some strategic advice. However, the one that may be most useful to you is pasteurization. Simply sterilize the containers, extract the juice and put it for about 30 minutes at 70 ° C. Ready, you can keep smoothies and juices for as long as you want.