Good morning, good afternoon, good evening or whenever you are reading this post. Today I bring you a classic of life, the well-loved zucchini cake recipe. Companion and friend of the pocket of the people. It is already well known that I am the official defender of cakes, this blog is responsible for vindicating them and giving them all the love they deserve.
They are ideal to add vegetables to your meals, as well as being the perfect wildcard for any lunch situation, for meats, to take to a picnic day, for when I’m in a hurry … The zucchini tart is a faithful ally that never fails.
I love them so much and I want them to be on the podium of best food companions that I made an ebook exclusively of them. It is called the ABC of Tarts and it has the whole post. All the types of doughs, fillings and styles that you want can be found in that book. It’s the best of love, I swear. You can find it in my online store or by clicking here.
About this zucchini pie recipe
In this chapter of Kitchenscity we are going to talk about the zucchini cake. It can be made light, you can add 50 kilos of cheese and make it a bomb. Whatever they want. It goes well with anything, serves as a main dish, and as a side dish.
It can be made kid-friendly, vegetarian-friendly, vegan-friendly, even celiac-friendly, but this will not be the case. Today we are going with the classic zucchini cake recipe, you later go with the variant you want. It can be eaten hot or even cold too, if I speak to you, a person who lives by eating everything that can be carried in a tupperware.
What a noble bug the zucchini pie? Well yeah, what was it on? Oh right in this fabulous recipe that I bring you this time, the unbeatable, THE DEFINITIVE recipe from Kitchenscity. Do you have what it takes to get into this adventure? Look, it’s a one-way way, huh!
To prepare it you only need a few ingredients, have a little time and follow my instructions to the letter. In less than a rooster crows, you will have a delicious homemade recipe that, look at me when I speak to you: it will be the best thing that will happen to you in your life.
If you like these types of recipes, you can follow me on Instagram as @ Kitchenscity, there I upload recipes all the time. And memes too. Because what would our life be without memes, right?
for the richest zucchini pie you’ve ever eaten
- 6 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 150 gr of fresh cheese or mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- Pie dough
Zucchini cake in 5 steps
pim pum pam and ready the cake
- Cut the zucchini into cubes that are neither too big nor too small. Medianitos. The onion and bell pepper of the size that makes them happiest. I cut them small, but the decision belongs to them.
- Once we have them, we are going to put a little oil in a frying pan and we are going to sauté the onion and red bell pepper for a few minutes. Add the zucchini and let them brown for about 5 minutes. It is important to wait for the water released by the zucchini to evaporate, otherwise the cake will be watery and we do not want that to happen. On the other hand, if the zucchini cake is cooked too much, it will be bitter, so it must be cooked to the right point: once it evaporates it is ready and we remove it.
- Reserve the zucchini on the side until cool or at least warm. While we wait we place the eggs with the cream cheese and we give them with the fork until they are homogeneous. Once everything is cooked we go to the next step.
- Now, if you have already lowered the temperature of the vegetables and the mixture is beautifully united, add the diced cheese and the onion, bell pepper and zucchini mixture. Mix well and season to taste.
- Place the filling in a cake dough placed in a mold (it works well with anyone but with a crunchy dough it breaks it) and we bake at 180 ° for about 30 minutes.
Another option is to make the zucchini tart recipe like a giant empanada: put the tart dough, inside the filling and close it with an empanada repulgue, or the lazy repulgue (which I love) which would be to join the dough with a fork. .
I hope you tell me how it came out in your comments.