Tired of the dullness of everyday life, and want something bright and warming? Transform your kitchen with vibrant colors. One of the most fashionable combinations is the combination of yellow and black. Such a kitchen attracts attention, cheers up, and will be a good solution for any kitchen. But before you repaint the walls of the kitchen in bee colors, learn the rules for combining these contrasting colors.
Table of Contents
- combination of yellow and black
- Who will suit such an interior
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Featured Styles
combination of yellow and black
The combination of yellow and black in the kitchen is always uplifting. In such a kitchen, it is simply impossible to be in a bad mood.
These colors and the combination of colors in the kitchen evoke positive emotions and always cheer up, helping to relieve some fatigue from the working day.
Yellow is a very bright color that not everyone can stand alone, but when combined with black, it becomes universal and people like it, it can increase appetite.
Yellow is a very sunny and warm color – it is impossible not to smile at him.
The black color is quite restrained. Historically, people have perceived it as a shade of modesty or even mourning. At the moment, it has nothing to do with these aspects if used in kitchen interior design.
Looks very stylish.
When black is combined with sunny and bright yellow, accents on their contrast not only do not reveal the actual flaws in the combination, but also contribute to the transformation of already arranged furniture if it has any flaws or does not match in design.
- To add intelligence to the interior, in some cases it is possible to mix black not with yellow, but with gray (a combination of black colors);
- light shades of yellow go well with black, when it becomes diluted with lighter paint, as it were;
- Various variations with color and patterns allow you to get an unsurpassed result, however, you should always maintain a balance in which there will be a combination of black and yellow about 50/50%.
What combinations are appropriate for the interior of a black kitchen you can read here.
There is only light here from yellow, but even this already makes the kitchen sunny
It is appropriate to design the interior of the kitchen using guaranteed successful techniques:
- if the room is dominated by black tones, it can become quite gloomy and distant. To instantly diversify the design and improve the overall impression of the kitchen, just add a few bright yellow details;
- a yellow-painted wall will not allow you to make the interior boring;
- black can be used over large areas, but in this case it should be diluted with a pattern, preferably in a very muted, close to beige color;
- the most successful black elements usually have a non-uniform surface, as these are figurines, lampshades, candles, lamp decorations, granite countertops, textiles and other decor;
- to make the kitchen seem very bright and sunny, as well as to expand the space, you need to hang spectacular yellow curtains.
Interestingly, such checkered facades in black frames create a Japanese flavor.
It is not necessary to use yellow all the time. A rather large element of a kitchen set in bright sunny colors. Then all other objects can have a black color, which is mixed with muted shades of yellow.
Black color in leather furniture looks great and emphasizes the grandeur of the interior . You can apply this feature to decorate the dining area. Emphasize the beauty of monophonic black elements, made in yellow, close to gold. They can be both plain and contain drawings applied in lighter shades.
Simple but tasteful
To bring a sunny mood into the interior of the kitchen, you need to decorate the fireplace in shades with elements of yellow or when using sand color. If not, you can bring some kind of chair or couch for the dining area or zoned space reserved for relaxation. A pillow or other elements with a painted sun are placed on it.
Who will suit such an interior
Yellow is a color for cheerful and self-confident individuals who are constantly in a good mood, ready for adventure. If all people in the family have a similar psycho type, then the combination of black and yellow would be a great option. It will help to place accents, make the contours bright and expressive, which will delight the owners of the room.
This combination should be used with caution for compact and narrow kitchens, as bright details can visually clutter up the space. Usually, it is quite appropriate for rooms of any size.
A small kitchen in black and yellow, but the room does not seem small at all
When the kitchen is very limited, you should mainly use light, sunny colors, hang such curtains on the windows or paint the walls, then there will be no problems with the interior.
Advantages and disadvantages
- The combination of yellow and black is considered very bright, but it is almost impossible to allow excessive pretentiousness with it .
- Even when finishing a black kitchen set or other furniture with bright yellow patterns or when applying color areas with very noticeable and defiant paints, it is possible to make the interior as spectacular as possible, but it is almost impossible to go too far with multicolor.
- There are no restrictions on the use of soft and warm tones. In any case, the yellow color looks bright, and in combination with black it does not give any doubt about its effectiveness , so any shades, subject to proper mixing, will look great.
If you clutter up the entire surrounding space with black, there is a risk of creating an unsuccessful blotch of yellow, so you need to use either very bright and light shades, or use yellow not in one element, but everywhere.
Black kitchen – with exquisite yellow backlighting
It is necessary to ensure that all yellow elements on black are well drawn and have bright contours, otherwise the design may seem too blurry or fuzzy, which is unacceptable in a particular color combination.
Preference when using this color scheme is given to styles that have appeared in modern times. They are simple and elegant, requiring specific, pure shades, which can be easily achieved by applying black and yellow to the interior of the kitchen.
This style is distinguished by unusual, sharp combinations, so in most cases, it is necessary to dilute the interior with more than one shade of yellow. If the owners are ready to use an unusual kitchen decorated in an interesting color every day, then the combination of black and yellow will come in handy.
Modern in black tones – very stylish. But due to the bright chairs, it does not look dark
Minimalism and high-tech
The kitchen can be decorated in bright colors, picking up all household utensils, carpet, glass apron appliances in these color combinations. It is advisable to take those devices that have transparent zones, as they are both more convenient and interesting.
Modern styles – very stylish
This unusual style allows you to choose your own direction, mixing everything that your imagination suggests. You can create a kitchen as if from various design patches, and only a yellow-black combination of all elements will unite them. By the way, the yellow light of a sconce can become the very thread that will unite contrasting colors.
Modern and ethnic styles get along well with yellow and black
The style provides for easy combinations and precise contours, so it is advisable to use not only any shades of yellow but also apply solutions with an achromatic palette. You can add translucent curtains or apply additionally both white and gray shades. If you show imagination, then the interior of the kitchen will be unusual and very attractive.
In order to choose the combination of colors in the interior that is as bright as possible and suitable for the overall design concept of the room, it is advisable to try on the proposed colors for your own kitchen and evaluate their relevance.
Yellow decor on a black background looks colorful
Brown with yellow backlight goes well with black facades
Yellow combined with gray looks very elegant.
Inserting yellow light bulbs under the cabinets will turn the kitchen into a cozy place.
Yellow countertops brighten up your workspace
Exotic cuisine in African style
This kitchen is very stylish.
It should be borne in mind that the palette of shades is different, so where defiant colors do not fit, light overflows of muted tones or an interesting combination with a patterned finish will look great.