- Much has been said in recent times about its real effectiveness against dengue, yam juice has many benefits and also helps to lose weight.
- The benefits of yams
- Is raw yam bad?
- Help in the prevention or treatment of dengue?
- Yam Juice Recipes
Much has been said in recent times about its real effectiveness against dengue, yam juice has many benefits and also helps to lose weight.
Yam, also known as expensive in some regions of the country, and the tuber widely consumed in morning coffee in the North and Northeast regions of the country. Good reasons not to include this carbohydrate in your diet, even better if you replace simple carbohydrates like rice and bread every day. It is very palatable and can be consumed in various forms, including as a juice.
Yam juice has already been getting a lot of success with celebrities. A good example and the actress Mariana Ximenes who already stated that the juice of the green drink with the yam every day in the morning coffee. It energizes the body and also helps control PMS.
The benefits of yams
Yams and a type of food that provides complex carbohydrates, that is, that provides a large amount of energy without forming the insulin spike. Rightly, the person responsible for the transformation of excess glucose into body fat is stored in the abdominal region. Therefore, yam helps balance blood glucose levels contributing to the prevention of diabetes. See other health benefits that food can bring:
- The reduction of cholesterol levels in the bloodstream that already reduces the absorption of the substance in the intestine;
- Yam contains several nutrients and among them we can mention potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, B complex vitamins, vitamin C and vitamin A. It also has a large amount of fiber that helps the digestive system and controls glucose levels;
- It helps to lose weight, since it has complex carbohydrates that will not be stored as a source of energy in the form of fat;
- This tuber also helps balance the levels of the hormone progesterone and also reduces the symptoms of PMS and can help women get pregnant more quickly.
Is raw yam bad?
The thread has a substance called oxalic acid that can also be found in other roots such as beets and other types of potatoes. This acid is responsible for the itchiness that can appear in some people while handling yams. However, if consumed in the correct doses, this tuber does not do any harm to health. However, when in contact with other foods it can reduce the absorption of certain nutrients.
Help in the prevention or treatment of dengue?
For yams, it is a very complete food with a high nutritional value, it can strengthen the body’s defenses, leaving us less prone to diseases such as flu and colds. Yam also helps “clean blood” and reduce toxins, but there is no study or research to confirm the thesis that the thread can prevent dengue or is even because it only exists for symptomatic dengue treatment, that is, only symptoms can be relieved. As this tuber improves the body’s defenses, it can help in the treatment of any disease as it improves the immune system as a whole.
Yam Juice Recipes
There are several recipes for yam juice and all of them are very nutritious. You can always innovate the exchange of fruits or vegetables that puts the juice to avoid the fatigue of taste. These are some quick and practical recipes that you can make that will supercharge your health.
traditional yam juice
- 1 peeled and chopped Xicara yam
- 500 ml of water or coconut water
- ? lemon juice
Way to do
- Beat all the ingredients in a blender
- Sweeten with honey with sweetener
- No need to tighten
Green Juice Recipe With Yam
- 2 cabbage leaves
- 500 ml of water
- 1 carrot
- 2 Macas
- 1 medium piece of ginger
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 2 small yams raw and peeled
Way to do
- Cut all the ingredients into small pieces (before cutting the ginger peel it)
- Mix everything in a blender along with the water
- Beat until smooth
- Is ready to drink
Yam Juice With Maca
- 1 stretcher
- One Limao
- 1 small Japanese or Sao Paulo yam
- Half a liter of water
- Honey, sweetener, Demerara or brown sugar
Way to do
- Cut the stripped threads and already the stretcher into cubes in a blender
- Add the lemon juice and water
- Beat until smooth
- Sweeten and it’s ready to drink