If you ask anyone who has ever gotten into the kitchen how to make tasty white rice , they will look at you strangely and they will surely say to you, “but it is as easy as cooking an egg” … but it is that both cooking an egg and making tasty white rice It can be done well or badly, and the way to do it can vary substantially a recipe as basic as this one.
Having said that, and before going on to see what is the basic technique for making tasty white rice , we will review the virtues and properties of rice that are many.
The rice is, along with wheat, one of the most consumed cereals worldwide. There are more than 2,000 varieties of rice which are grouped into three basic categories: grain long, medium and short (the white medium grain is the variety most commonly consumed in our country) and each is fine by type of rice recipes you want.
The starch is the main component of the rice, which is a carbohydrate in cereals, and initially have large amounts of vitamin B group and minerals, as raffinate is practically lost 85% of its properties.
However, rice provides us with other types of advantages …
What Are The Benefits Of Eating Rice?
Table of Contents
- What Are The Benefits Of Eating Rice?
- Tasty White Rice Video
It is recommended to consume rice 2 to 4 times a week , being especially recommended in people with hypertension due to its low sodium content (as long as salt is not added excessively). It is also good for controlling cholesterol , although in this case brown rice is recommended , since it is in the husk where its benefits reside, phytosterols.
Of course we all know the benefits of taking boiled white rice with a little oil and salt after diarrhea . The digestive that results and the mild astringent action that it has due to the lack of fiber, make rice a recommended food to recover the intestinal mucous after gastroenteritis. To obtain the rice water , also recommended as a complementary treatment in diarrhea, 2 tablespoons of white rice are boiled in a liter of water , until the grains begin to melt. It is allowed to cool and strain. We can flavor it with cinnamon stick or with a few drops of lemon juice.
Also rice, along with corn, millet and sorghum , are the only cereals that do not contain gluten , so they are tolerated by people with celiac disease .
How To Make Tasty White Rice Step By Step
As we said at the beginning, even the most basic cooking techniques have a series of rules that are important to follow if we want them to look good, and white rice is no exception. Let’s see then how to make tasty white rice so that it is neither raw, nor past, nor sticks again …
The first important thing to know when making white rice is the ratio of water to rice , which is always 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water . Usually when I prepare white rice, I make more because it can be stored in the fridge and lasts several days to be used in other types of recipes. Therefore, if for example you use 3 small cups of rice, you should add 6 cups of water.
The basic recipe for white rice is water with salt and a splash of oil , however I personally like to fry a whole garlic clove first, you will see that it gives it a very special flavor.
- 1 cup of rice (if you vary this amount you only have to vary the amount of water as well)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole garlic clove with skin
- And, 1 teaspoon salt
How To Make Tasty White Rice
In a saucepan we put a tablespoon of oil, heat and lightly fry a whole garlic clove , with the skin included.
Pour the rice in the saucepan and a teaspoon of salt, and stir well until the rice is soaked with the oil.
Then we add the 2 cups of water and put the fire on high so that it begins to boil.
Once it boils we go down to low heat and let it boil for 20 minutes .
Serve the tasty white rice.
We test after the time (the water should have been consumed already) and we check if the rice is on its point or needs a few more minutes, although at that moment if you remove it from the fire and let it rest it will finish cooking.
With this simple technique I assure you that your rice will be perfect.
If not, watch these points:
- The type of rice. Try to make it the traditional medium grain rice, it is the best for this preparation.
- The pot. See that he has no tendency to stick to food.
- The proportion of water is always 1 rice for 2 water
- The fire, make sure that at the same time it begins to boil you must put it on a slow fire, because otherwise the water will evaporate very quickly and will stick to you, leaving the grain hard.
As we were telling you, you can save this white rice from one day to the next, if you wash it with a little hot water to release the grains it will be perfect and then it can be used for a rice salad, a Cuban rice or any other recipe it occurs to you.
How To Make Tasty White Rice Step By Step
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Whole garlic clove with skin
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a saucepan we put a tablespoon of oil, heat and lightly fry a whole garlic clove , with the skin included.
- Pour the rice in the saucepan and a teaspoon of salt, and stir well until the rice is soaked with the oil.
- Then we add the 2 cups of water and put the fire on high so that it begins to boil.
- Once it boils we go down to low heat and let it boil for 20 minutes.
- Serve the tasty white rice.