Today I bring you a recipe for tea time: carrot pudding. This blog has many sweet recipes of this style with carrot, I already told you on more than one occasion how before trying it I was a bit reluctant to eat a carrot pudding …
I always say that the best thing television gave me was the carrot cake. If you did not read me the time I wrote it, I will tell it again very briefly, because the public is renewed, they say: “ My guilty pleasure was to watch those TV shows where brides planned their weddings, they are terrific! Well, one of the brides chose a carrot pudding, and it seemed crazy to me that there is a sweet taste with carrots, I looked up the recipe and fell madly in love! “
From that moment on I was trying different recipes. This is how I came to this carrot pudding. Because yes, I am going to test every variant that exists on planet Earth. I said.
About this carrot pudding
This carrot pudding is one of the richest I’ve had so far , it has the perfect moisture and flavor combination! There are several variations that can be made to this recipe:
- It can be made wholemeal: change the refined flour for fine wholemeal flour and instead of brown sugar put muscovado sugar. The same amount that it says there but using these other products.
- You can change the raisins for chocolate chips, but if you are going to put chocolate chips, do not add the spices. Otherwise it will be left with a rare taste.
- The spices: they are wonderful, and in this preparation they are ideal. Dare to go testing!
- KitchensCityTip: If you want, you can marinate the raisins in cognac for a while. It will give it a special touch that not just anyone does.
- Glaze: you can put the traditional glaze that is with powdered sugar or icing sugar and a splash of orange juice, or how I made in this case, a quick French meringue. Below I give you the recipe, do not despair!
I could talk about all the benefits of eating carrots, which are good for the eyes, for the skin, which are digestive, diuretic, blah, blah, blah. But no! You already know that carrots are very healthy, and that they are good for you. I recommend this recipe for carrot pudding because it is so, so rich that once you incorporate it into your life you will never want to let go of it.
This carrot pudding has nothing to envy those puddings that you buy in coffee shops and that are very expensive. KitchensCity taking care of your pocketbook, chapter a million. Well, without further ado, let’s go to what we came here… You can also see the carrot cake that is similar (but it is a cake, of course), and it is spectacular! Enjoy it!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 1 minute
Makes one large carrot pudding
- 2 cups of 0000 flour
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of toasted almonds (or the dried fruit that you like the most)
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup of neutral oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups carrot grated
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- Orange (or vanilla) extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange
Step by Step
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until reaching the letter point. This means that you can lift the whisk and form a letter without it coming apart easily.
- Add to this preparation the neutral oil (it can be corn or sunflower) in the form of a thread while making enveloping movements.
- Sift the dry ones and add them to the mixture, mix well without leaving lumps.
- Add the grated carrot, the orange extract (it can be vanilla extract too!), The roughly chopped nuts, the raisins, the zest and the orange juice.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Put the carrot pudding mixture in a greased and floured pan and cook for 50 minutes or until a skewer stick comes out dry.
- Unmold and let cool, then glaze and decorate with almonds and orange zest. Ready! You can make a tea or coffee and you have the ideal snack!
Ideal to accompany carrot pudding
2 egg whites, 80 gr of common sugar, a drop of lemon .
Step by Step
Beat the whites until stiff with the lemon drop, once the whites have tripled in volume, add the sugar little by little. Keep beating until the meringue forms and is firm. It is assumed that to know that the meringue is you have to turn the bowl on your head, not friends. Don’t do it. We don’t want to have to clean up the mess! Besides so much trouble if they can also realize by lifting the whisk. If the meringue does not fall, it is ready.
Serve together with the carrot pudding and enjoy the snack!
Super fluffy and very rich 100% whole grain pudding, in 4 steps!
Very rich and easy !!!