Squid or squid in homemade tomato sauce Very Easy! A great recipe to prepare in advance and enjoy as an aperitif, lunch or dinner starter, as a filling for empanadas or for a sandwich, the truth is that however we want to use it, this more than delicious.
Table of Contents
- Ingredients Squid or squid in homemade tomato sauce:
- Preparation Squid or squid in homemade tomato sauce:
Ingredients Squid or squid in homemade tomato sauce:
400 g Squid or squid, clean
400 g Natural tomato, crushed
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 and 1/2 Half onions, julienned or feathered
1 Bay leaf
2 Cayenne or chilli peppers
To taste Salt
Extra virgin olive oil
Preparation Squid or squid in homemade tomato sauce:
1. We clean the squid and wash it very well, we can cut them into rings or leave them whole, I leave it to your choice.
2. Peel the garlic and chop them finely, peel the onion and cut it into julienne strips or feathers, wash the bay leaf very well.
3. With the ingredients already prepared we put a pot on the fire and add a little oil, when it is hot we add the garlic and brown slightly, add the onion with a little salt, poach until it is soft.
4. Next we add the squid, cook them for a few minutes and add the bay leaf together with the crushed tomato, cook over medium low heat for 15 minutes , then add the chillies and continue cooking for 15 more minutes .
5. After the cooking time we test the flavor and rectify the salt and if the tomato is very acid we add a little sugar, mix well and if we already have the spicy touch of our taste we can remove the chillies; We only have to plate and serve.
You will love to try them !!