Today I bring you one that you have been asking me for a long time: the seafood casserole recipe. This casserole is very very rich, it is ideal for a day when you want to entertain someone, or entertain yourself or yourself! It is an explosion of flavors in the mouth: a party!
I am very much in favor of dating yourself and cooking good and drinking good wine. Well, this seafood casserole dish is great for that. They will see that if they do, they will want to ask for a marriage, recite love poems and a lot of other things! What I am saying is that the seafood casserole is for special occasions because I would like to eat seafood every day, but we know well that there is no pocket that can hold it! But, the likes must be given in life gentlemen. So what better way than to show us affection with this dish, which is all that is good in the world!
If you want to see more recipes go to my YouTube channel! They will find recipes, video reactions and a lot of things that they will love!
About the seafood casserole
The seafood casserole is a typical recipe from Latin America , and like all the typical recipes of such a wide and cultural place, its preparation and its ingredients usually vary depending on who makes it.
They can add the fruits of the sea that they like the most. I recommend you go to the fishmonger or the place where you always buy seafood, and see what is very fresh. If you only get frozen, nothing happens! It will be delicious the same.
The casserole should include any sea fruit in the proportions you want: lobster, prawns, shrimp, clams, mussels, squid, fish … Ugh, I got tired. They have everything to choose from!
Added to this are the vegetables. The same, friends, in the recipe that I bring you we put onion, tomato, garlic and bell pepper, but if you want you can do it only with onion, or only with tomato … Or add carrot. Feel free to modify the recipe at will!
In this seafood casserole recipe we use broth, but you can also just use water, or add a splash of heavy cream, or cook everything with coconut milk. Sooooo recommended to make it with coconut milk! Really! Before, however, I recommend trying coconut milk in other preparations.
It has a particular flavor that I love, but if you don’t like it and you added it to all your seafood casserole, you will want to hang me in the town square and if possible I would love to stay alive for much longer!
This seafood casserole can be accompanied with rice , whichever you like the most. It is usually accompanied with white rice, but you can put the one you prefer. It can also be rice with peas, or with saffron.
The seafood casserole is a dish with a strong personality, with intense flavors and aromas that takes all the attention of the taste buds … So your accompaniment has to be calm. If you do not want to accompany it with rice, you can also use some glazed onions, potatoes in all their forms and cooking (always yes to potatoes), sautéed carrots or some rich breaded asparagus. Let your imagination run wild!
Ready, I have nothing else to clarify. Let’s get to work that this seafood casserole is not going to be made alone!
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 45 minutes
for 4 servings
- 200 gr of squid
- 200 gr of shrimp
- 300 gr of clams
- 300 gr of musselscam
- 200 gr of peeled prawns
- 2 onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 300 gr of tomato
- 200 gr of peas (or a tin)
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups of water or broth
- A tablespoon of chopped parsley, thyme, saffron, rosemary
- Olive oil
Seafood casserole recipe step by step
- Wash all seafood very well and reserve them. If necessary, brush the clams. Remove the skin from the squid and cut it into slices.
- Chop the tomatoes into small cubes and the onion, bell pepper and garlic very small.
- Put a pot with a splash of olive oil and cook the chopped garlic, onion and bell pepper until the onion is transparent. Add the diced tomatoes and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Add the wine, water or broth, herbs and seasonings to the pot. Cover and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes over medium / low heat.
- Add the clams and cook for 5 minutes to open. Those that remain closed must be discarded! Finally add the squid, shrimp, mussels and prawns. Let cook 10 more minutes over low heat.
- Add the peas and stir. Ready! Serve with lemon wedges and sprinkle chopped parsley or chives on top!