Good good my friends who love world cuisine! Once again a spectacular Spanish dish, more precisely it is a traditional dish from Cordoba (Andalusia): With you the recipe for Salmorejo Cordobes.
If we want to know a little history, I will tell you that this Salmorejo recipe as I am going to present it to you is a luxury heir to Mazamorra itself and that it was possible thanks to the arrival of tomatoes from America to the old world. Can you imagine life without tomato? .. NOT me !?
Very important note: Salmorejo and Gazpacho are NOT the same. If you ever made the recipe for Andalusian Gazpacho, which by the way, here is the link, you will realize that it has more ingredients such as cucumber, pepper, coriander … In addition, this typical Spanish dish is an emulsion so it is much thicker. Do the test and then tell me, okay? ..
Well, let’s not get distracted anymore and get down to work and learn how to make salmorejo, which is already making me hungry!
to share (5 people)
- 600 gr tomatoes (if they can be expert, better)
- 1/2 loaf of bread
- 1 clove of garlic without the center (out of respect)
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 250 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Chunks of Serrano ham
- Boiled egg
- An Andalusian Flamenquito and that the energy is complete
How to make Cordovan Salmorejo: Step by step recipe
- We are going to prepare the tomatoes (the main ingredient of the salmorejo) . If they can be an expert, better because that way we will have less acid. We remove the stem and the central part and chop it up. It is not necessary that we remove the seeds since in the end when we filter it there will be nothing left. We are also going to cut the loaf of bread into small pieces.
- Prepare the garlic clove , peel it beautifully and remove the germ that is the center to avoid repeating through life. (tell me if it’s not great advice!)
- Add all the salmorejo ingredients to the blender or to the container where we will process and add salt to taste, 250 ml of extra virgin olive oil (good quality) and if you wish you can add a splash of vinegar to give it a touch.
Tip: If you have time, you can let the mixture rest for an hour or so so that the salt helps our ingredients to release the flavor and thus achieve a very tasty Cordovan Salmorejo.
- Time to make some noise in the kitchen, turn on the mixer, and get the party started. Another tip: If it is the first time that you are going to make the salmorejo, I recommend you leave some bread and a couple of tomatoes without using it. So that KitchensCity? .. well .. if you see that our recipe is too liquid, you will add bread to the mixture. Otherwise, if you see that it is too thick, add more tomato and problem solved!
- Once we have our mixture with all the salmorejo ingredients and we are very proud of its texture, color and flavor, we are going to filter it with a fine mesh strainer over a container that can be a jar or a bowl.
- Put in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before eating. The Cordovan Salmorejo should be eaten cold but not excessively so if your refrigerator is very cold, I recommend that you take it out for a little while before serving it.
- Now comes the most beautiful part. Present this delicious Salmorejo to the table and let all our people love us. To serve it, a bowl, a bowl or a plate with a little depth is usually used. once we pour the portion into the container we add a little cooked + grated egg, serrano ham and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to taste and we already have this exquisite typical Spanish dish my dear ones!
What did you think? I think I have repeated it many times but it is worth saying it one more time .. as you have seen it is very easy to make this recipe for Salmorejo Cordobés and each one can put their touch on it so that it fits as they like best. You can control the acidity, the texture, if you like garlic a lot you can add a little more, choose a good oil, amount of salt, etc .. well that’s it .. Try and PLAY !!