Haven’t tried raw beet juice yet? Can you drink raw beet juice Well?, you don’t know everything you are missing.
I already wanted to upload this recipe to the blog, since beets (also called beets) have many benefits for your health. And to make the most of all its properties (which you will see right now), we are going to use the raw root. Yes, yes, all natural and healthy for your diet!
Normally very few people often eat beets and I don’t understand why. Have you seen the color it has ? It’s just seeing it and it already enters your eyes.
Give me just a few minutes of your time and you will see how the beet root will become a must in your kitchen. You will regret not having tried this juice before.
Read more Beet Juice With Lemon
Is Raw Beet Juice Good For You
Table of Contents
- Is Raw Beet Juice Good For You
- How To Make Raw Beet Juice
- Is It Safe To Drink Raw Beet Juice: contraindications
- Raw Beet Juice- Video
Before you see the delicious recipe that I have prepared, let me convince you why you should consume this food more often:
- High potassium content. Beets have almost 400 mg of potassium per 100 grams (slightly exceeding bananas). For this reason, this vegetable is an excellent food to take after practicing sports as it will help you prevent cramps and regain your muscles.
- It has also been shown that the nitrate present in beet juice can increase energy level and, for this reason, training sessions can be extended by 15% more. It is because the nitrate in beet juice reduces the use of oxygen when practicing this exercise.
- Rich in antioxidants. If you read this blog regularly you will know how important antioxidants are to our health. Lots of fruits and vegetables are loaded with them, and beets too. These molecules are in charge of delaying premature skin aging, fluid retention, fighting free radicals in our body and purifying our body.
- Reduces high blood pressure. Beet juice has been proven to lower high blood pressure levels. This is because the juice contains high levels of nitrates that, in our body, are converted into nitric oxide. This process causes a dilation of the blood vessels.
- It is advised to combat anemia. Although beets are not one of the foods with the most iron, they do have a high content of folic acid, which is why it helps the production of red blood cells. Also, it is a vegetable recommended for pregnant women, as it helps the fetus to form correctly (thanks to its high doses of folates). However, check with your doctor (not all people are the same).
- High content of betaine. Beets have an important source of betaine, a nutrient that has multiple benefits for our body: anti-inflammatory, reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases, facilitates the digestion process, improves performance when you exercise, cleanses the liver, kidneys and gallbladder, etc.
- Source of vitamins and minerals. Rich in vitamin A and in group B vitamins, such as B2 and B3 ( niacin ), which is very beneficial in reducing cholesterol levels. Among its minerals, iodine, potassium and sodium stand out.
- High fiber content So it helps regulate intestinal transit and prevent constipation.
- The leaves also have multiple properties. Do not you dare throw beet leaves (here it takes advantage of all!) Because they are a good source of vitamin A, C and K. You can add them to a salad or make a green smoothie.
How To Make Raw Beet Juice
Now that you know all the benefits of beets, surely you already want to try this juice a little more, right?
Well, I’m not entertaining you anymore and let’s go!
Ingredients of this juice
- 2 raw beets (equates to about 500 grams producing about 250 ml of juice)
- 2 red apples
- 1 handful of blackberries or raspberries
- A piece of ginger root (about 2cm approximately)
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds (optional)
You have to know…When you go to buy beets, you will know if they are fresh by their vivid leaf color, shiny and crisp.
To preserve it, cut the leaves and store them in the fridge like any leafy vegetable (since you should take advantage of them). As for the roots, put them in an unwashed plastic bag and also in the fridge. You should wash them when you are going to use them.
Steps to follow
Thoroughly wash the beets and apples (if they are not organic you must peel them).
Cut them into small pieces and put them in your extractor, along with the ginger and blackberries.
When you finish making the juice, serve it in your favorite pitcher.
To finish, add a tablespoon of flax seeds to your juice and garnish with some blackberries and some mint leaves.
Health Benefits Of Raw Beet Juice
The juice that I have shown you today is a bomb of antioxidants, so it is highly recommended to take first thing in the morning (along with your breakfast) or also for when you come to practice sports, because it is very good regenerator.
Previously, you saw all the benefits of beets for your health, among which stand out: its high content of antioxidants, fiber, potassium and folic acid.
The blackberry and raspberry are an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber and contain high levels of potassium, iron, calcium and manganese.
And finally, apples are very beneficial to purify the body, diuretic and reduce blood cholesterol levels. In addition, they keep the blood sugar level high and help to carry out the digestion process.
Is It Safe To Drink Raw Beet Juice: contraindications
Although beets are very beneficial for your health, you should also reduce their consumption if you have a very delicate stomach or suffer from heartburn often. The high oxalate content of beets can irritate your digestive system.
Therefore, it is not advisable to abuse this vegetable if you have a tendency to generate stones in the kidneys or if you suffer from gout.
And finally, a couple of things you should know:
- It is normal for you to urinate darker (or even reddish in color) when consuming beets. It is not harmful at all, so you should not worry.
- In some people the stool may turn a certain pink or burgundy color. Nothing happens either, you have not become a unicorn.
If this happens to you, that shade shouldn’t last more than two days.
I hope you will try this beet juice and tell me about your experience in the comments. Do you think about the taste?
How To Make Raw Beet Juice
- 2 Raw beets
- 2 Red apple
- 1 cup Blackberries or raspberries
- 1 piece Ginger root
- 1 tbsp Flax seeds
- Thoroughly wash the beets and apples (if they are not organic you must peel them).
- Cut them into small pieces and put them in your extractor, along with the ginger and blackberries.
- When you finish making the juice, serve it in your favorite pitcher.
- To finish, add a tablespoon of flax seeds to your juice and garnish with some blackberries and some mint leaves.