Roof rails help free up extra space in the kitchen, refresh, make its appearance more diverse. Many housewives prefer to arrange these elements in a large number, since they provide the opportunity to comfortably use all the elements placed on them.
Table of Contents
- Workplace storage and organization
- Roof rails: fastenings, at what height to hang
- Hanging systems
- Install additional organizers
- Installing a shelf in the kitchen with your own hands
- Correct use and care of the accessory
Workplace storage and organization
The workplace in the kitchen is designed with the selection of the optimal equipment. All equipment and equipment must be of high quality, durable, so that the familiar design and comfort predispose to the preparation of delicious food. The main rule of the correct organization of the workplace in the kitchen is to arrange the elements so that they do not interfere. For example, hanging pipes, or rails, over countertops for storing ladles, ladles, knives.
First, the main devices are placed: a stove, a sink and a refrigerator for the house. Next to them are various kitchen cabinets, which simultaneously serve as a stand for household appliances and a place for storing dishes and other utensils. It is important to immediately determine the height of the outlet.
If there is not enough space in the kitchen or the cabinets are not spacious enough, the use of roof rails is recommended. They facilitate the arrangement of small and necessary things in their places, free up space in the room, give neatness and comfort. At what height to hang kitchen cabinets so that it is convenient to find out at this link.
Roof rails: fastenings, at what height to hang
Roof rails in the kitchen are an excellent solution for organizing the kitchen
Roof rails are horizontal parts, the base of which is presented in the form of a bar:
- they are usually located in a horizontal position;
- it is preferable to use them in the area of the apron or along the side walls;
- if the design allows, the roof rails are placed on the decorative front parts of the hood, that is, they are located almost under the ceiling;
- shelves or hooks are installed on the rails. They are very convenient for this purpose, since the number of elements can be constantly changed, adapting the installation to your own needs.
Sometimes roof rails are installed vertically. This is only needed to create an unusual design, sometimes to save space. In this case, a long strip is required, which is attached by joining to the ceiling from above and to the floor from below. Such interior details are most often sold in metal, but there is an opportunity to purchase options from glass, plastic or wood.
Modern roof rails often have additional fasteners, thanks to which you can hold glasses, baskets of groceries or small things. Convenient, often voluminous stands can be mounted on them.
Rails in an upright position sometimes provide for attaching a small stand in the form of a table to them. They can be used to organize a breakfast space or as part of a home bar.
Spread over the entire wall along or across. Designed for large kitchens. They add comfort to food preparation and serve as a multifunctional design element. Suitable if wall cabinets do not fit into the interior design of the room. They perfectly replace their functions, while not cluttering the space with a series of objects in the same color.
In addition to the rails, it is advisable to use hinged shelves in order to put heavier or bulkier elements on them.
Designed to significantly save space in small kitchens. They are usually arranged in a long vertical row and take up as much space as a kitchen cabinet would. Sometimes they are attached in the place where there are no hanging shelves and cabinets or in the interior without upper drawers, that is, they are located between the volumetric elements.
Circles are often used on bar counters.
Useful for placing towels, as well as small parts of kitchen equipment, such as knives. Suitable for placing spices on them or neatly placing fruit plates. They can also serve as a holder for a stand, on which you can put any items during cooking. They are stylish, modern options, while the design is suitable for both classic kitchens and modern design. How to equip a kitchen counter, you can also find rails here.
Circular rails are often used for fastening a variety of boxes. To do this, a plug is mounted on them, on which, in turn, the panel is placed. During installation, these parts snap into place.
Most often, roof rails are placed in the area of the ceramic apron in a horizontal version. If they are installed vertically, they are usually complemented by furniture, that is, they serve to hold fairly large objects. When choosing a height, you should be guided by your own taste and preferences, strict instructions are not given.
If you plan to attach hooks to the rails, and hang any tools on them, then it is advisable to place them in the upper part of the wall. In the case of installing shelves or various detergents on them, you can place the roof rails in the middle or in the lower compartment of the room. How to equip a small kitchen in Khrushchev, read here.
Recommendations for optimal placement of roof rails:
If the kitchen is completely minimalist or equipped with elements of Japanese culture, the roof rails will have to be abandoned, since it is almost impossible to fit them harmoniously. The only exception will be glass roof rails, on which only aesthetic elements are placed.
The Italian interior and Provence presuppose the presence of roof rails, on which any elements can be installed. You need to care not about the beauty of the device, but about its practicality, so you can place these elements anywhere. When using them, it is advisable to protect the interior from the use of various wall cabinets, since a monochromatic shade is not suitable for the given design, but replace them with a bright setting.
When purchasing wall rails in chalet or country style, it is preferable to fix them to the ceiling, localizing them near the main elements of the kitchen set. Dried herbs, vegetables or roots can be hung next to the shelves attached to the rails to create a natural look.
Roof rails with clothespins will help to plant a whole garden of any flowers in the kitchen. The vegetation is planted in pots with hanging brackets and the roof rails are attached directly to the ceiling. Together with flowers, you can hang any paintings and photographs, having previously made them laminated.
Roof rails can be fixed in places where housewives prefer to regularly take the necessary items. For example, with the constant use of potholders hung on a hook from the railing, it will be advisable to place this element next to the stove at the level of human height.
If a high-tech design is chosen, then before placing the roof rails, you will have to choose the most optimal place for them. It is advisable to take more hooks, then it will be possible to hang the maximum amount of kitchen utensils. It is advisable in this case to choose options from nickel or chrome. They are placed in a conspicuous place, often near the sink or slightly taken outside the apron zone.
Everything is at hand – conveniently.
Hanging systems for roof rails are functional elements that housewives often use for the kitchen. The main list of such accessories includes:
- Hooks with the ability to remove, rearrange or not.
- Baskets or other containers for holding surface cleaners or products such as vegetables.
- Containers for storing muffins, such as baked goods. They are often produced closed, so you can also install objects there that should not be weathered.
- Special holders for glasses, bottles, as well as ordinary cups and glasses.
- Bulky cups where you can put small but long items such as knives or forks. If you use these items for their intended purpose, then you need to pour salt, sugar, chopped pepper or other seasonings, useful ingredients in them. Some housewives use them to store small berries, as well as bay leaves and other greens.
- Shelves. There is a wide variety of their choice: hinged, with the possibility of closing, multi-tiered. They are used to store any items, sometimes even distracted from the cooking process.
- Towel racks. If they have several tiers, you can additionally hang potholders on them.
Advantages and disadvantages
Positive aspects :
- Usually all elements for hinged systems are made of stainless steel. This completely deprives the owners of problems with them. They last for many years, but due to their functionality they are constantly needed. Their high strength and durability help reduce repair costs.
- All elements are equipped with a high-quality coating, usually it contains gloss in the composition.
- It is possible to select the texture and shade of hinged systems in harmony with the design of the kitchen and all kitchen appliances.
- Mobility. During the entire period of use, it is possible to outweigh the elements.
- Everything is in sight, you can capture the details at a glance, so finding the lost item will not be a problem.
- You don’t need to open the drawer to pick up any item. It is enough to carefully remove the element from the shelf or hook.
- An excellent addition to the interior.
- Freeing up a lot of space.
- It is very easy to take care of the shelves, as they are located in a loose order, and you can dust off them with one movement.
It is possible to equip a separate structure for the arrangement of seasonings or rare products added to dishes in small quantities. It is also possible to sort them. They will remain unchanged, since you can take them without stirring during searches, and children will not get to them if their parents place the rails above their height.
- in some cases, the installed objects look too colorful;
- they are open to dust and must be cleaned regularly.
Roof rails are not always combined with the interior.
Install additional organizers
All about the new rails, hanging systems and other accessories for the kitchen, see here:
Can be fixed to any surface without grease. It is allowed to carry out their installation to any cladding. Household goods, towels, aprons, bags or potholders are attached to them . There are Velcro hooks. They are ideal for quick installation. No additional elements are required in the form of a hammer, nails or self-tapping screws. It is enough to wash the surface, if it is dirty, wipe it dry and attach this element.
Corner and straight shelves are on sale. They are made from wood, glass or metal. Depending on what will be stored on them, their thickness is selected. It is possible to purchase a variant with a decor. These elements can even become a work of art, but then it is also worth storing small items on them. Typically, simple, straight cupboard filling shelves are used to hold all the utensils that could be stored in the cupboards.
Magnets holders for knives in the interior
Special devices help to easily install the knives. They do not need to be placed in a closet, where it is difficult to find them, and also to be installed in a special container. Attaching a knife to a magnet reduces the risk of injury, since it is stored separately in a designated place and cannot cause injury when looking for another object. Always there. If necessary, it can be quickly detached from the mount and used as intended.
Other rail options
Modern kitchen accessories are not only hooks, but also magnets, bags for small vegetables, etc.
- containers for small items;
- baskets for food or bottles, small boxes;
- hangers for dishes, cups;
- book holders;
- soap dishes.
Installing a shelf in the kitchen with your own hands
- First, the marking is done and the method of fastening is determined.
- Holes are prepared in advance with a drill.
- Bushings are installed. To do this, first the dowels are placed in the hole, then the sleeve.
- Next, the supports are attached, which are fixed with a self-tapping screw.
- Elements of hinged structures are installed on them.
Correct use and care of the accessory
The rails are very durable, so when they are evenly installed, nothing threatens their integrity, if you do not install heavy structures on them. With the help of these elements, you can place any kitchen utensils in a convenient order.
The disadvantage is the constant openness of objects, as they can get a lot of dust. This problem is solved by daily cleaning.
And if there is no room for pots in the cabinets, you can store them on the railing
Roof rails help to save space in the kitchen, improve the design and make the placement of many parts comfortable. For them to serve for a long time, you need to choose them from materials suitable for a particular design and install them where they will be most appropriate.