Italy has always been considered a trendsetter in a completely different field. Kitchen furniture is no exception to the rule. For several hundred years, Italian craftsmen have been making sophisticated furniture that is widely popular far beyond the Apennine Peninsula.
Chairs from Italian manufacturers, in addition to exclusive design, are distinguished by excellent consumer qualities, but also not low cost. In order not to get confused in various models, it is necessary to understand the differences and design features of these products. But what chairs for the kitchen with armrests look like and how to choose for the kitchen, you can see.
Description and design features
A feature of Italian manufacturers is a wide range of products. So any well-known brand produces more than 500 names of different types of chairs. The most popular types of Italian kitchen chairs on the domestic market include:
- classic options finished with soft materials… This type of chair is usually made of precious woods, as stylistically repeating models from a bygone era. Such types may have additional armrests and have different heights (depending on the model, the height of the armrests will differ). Also, classic chairs are often equipped with a high back, which gives additional comfort when seating and is healthy when combined with high armrests. The finishing material in this case may be different. Unpretentious models turn away with ordinary fabric (this applies to both the armrests and the base and back), more expensive items are made of valuable types of leather (there are also models with artificial material on the market). Such models are an order of magnitude more expensive and, when combined with a valuable species of wood, their cost can reach $1375 per unit. Depending on the layout, these types have a classic design: four legs at the base (also made of wood), the base itself, depending on the model, is trimmed with fabric or leather (in rare cases, the chairs go completely without finishing), the backrest of various heights (in the classic version it can there are both high and low backrests, also trimmed with some material), most often there are additional armrests with a straight shape of handles. The average cost depends on the brand of the manufacturer and the materials used. In the case of using expensive materials, the price per unit ranges from 550 to 1100 dollars, the average price segment ranges from 275 to 550 dollars, there are a lot of fakes among budget models from Italy and the average price of classic options will vary from 140 to 275 dollars. Also, these chairs, as usual, are made in strict colors. You may also be interested in what dining tables and chairs are made of solid wood.Chair option with upholstered seat, the most common option for use
- modern models of chairs are also very popular among domestic consumers, which have a large assortment among manufacturers… This category is also quite diverse as it covers a wide range of products. It can include both options made of wood and in a combination of other materials. Most often, when combined, aluminum, steel and plastic are used in various combinations. So budget options can be made entirely of polymer alloys with a small impurity as individual steel elements (for example, steel elements are often used as legs, and the seat is made of plastic, like the handles). Also, such models may differ in the non-standard shape of different elements. models with a recess in the base, with curved handles, a combination of a high back and low armrests are common versions. In addition, various colors and textures of materials can be combined in modern products. Colors can vary and range from casual, non-vibrant classic colors to harsh shades, also combining different finishing materials. Most often, practical fabric is used in modern models, but in some cases more expensive materials (velvet, satin, replace leather or genuine leather) can be used. The cost of such products can vary from 150 to 700 dollars, depending on the combination of materials of the chair body and the finishing of its elements. But which chairs for the bar counter in the kitchen are the best, you can see here. however, in some cases, more expensive materials can be used (velvet, satin, replace leather or genuine leather). The cost of such products can vary from 150 to 700 dollars, depending on the combination of materials of the chair body and the finishing of its elements. But which chairs for the bar counter in the kitchen are the best, you can see here. however, in some cases, more expensive materials can be used (velvet, satin, replace leather or genuine leather). The cost of such products can vary from 140 to 700 dollars, depending on the combination of materials of the chair body and the finishing of its elements. But which chairs for a bar counter in the kitchen are the best, you can see here.The colors of these chairs are most often not flashy and the wood is used of the highest quality.
- design options are of great variety and do not lend themselves to a clear classification… There are not so many famous designers from Italy, and the products from them cost significant funds. In the production of these chairs, only expensive materials are used (often exclusive – this applies to both wood species and alloys). The cost of such types is very high (they are often made according to unique orders and do not have mass distribution). The shape of individual elements can vary in different proportions (since in the manufacture of an individual order, both the parameters of the room and the wishes of the customer can be taken into account). Also, designer chairs can gravitate more towards both classic products and modern ones, and sometimes combine individual elements of each of them. But what kind of folding chairs for the kitchen are and how to choose the right ones, you can see here.
- Often, these options for chairs come with a table.
Italian manufacturers are distinguished by excellent quality and weathered functionality. The most popular manufacturers on the domestic market are:
- Paolo Cattelan is a renowned Italian designer who designs chairs specifically for kitchens in a wide range of different models. These products are of excellent quality (subject to the operating conditions, this period is practically unlimited in time). However, at the same time, the cost of such products is also practically unlimited (the price of goods from Italy is greatly influenced by the size of the duty, as well as the exchange rates of national currencies) and on average is about $700 per unit (the cost also varies depending on the material and type). It is the cost that denotes this product in a high price segment and limits the massive demand in the domestic market. But what kind of tables and chairs are for a small kitchen and how to choose the right option, you can see in the article at the link.The manufacturer makes such chairs only from high quality wood.
- Italcomma is a more massive manufacturer of chairs and other kitchen products. This manufacturer positions itself as a high-quality and relatively affordable manufacturer of modern types for the kitchen. The average cost of such chairs is also quite high and amounts to about $200-$350 (however, there are also budget solutions made of plastic). These products are more widespread due to their high quality and excellent finishing materials. In the assortment, most of the chairs are finished with ordinary fabric, so there are models with armrests and a high back in various versions. Products with a metal base are very popular. You will also be interested in transparent chairs for the kitchen.A very beautiful version of chairs for the kitchen, while the cost is quite affordable
- CattelanItalia is another well-known manufacturer for the kitchen in our market. It owes its popularity to non-standard solutions in the manufacture of chairs, a combination of various materials for decoration and a reasonable cost. Therefore, most of the large furniture centers in our country sell the products of this manufacturer. Also for the general interior it is worth picking up and kitchen lamps and chandeliers.The manufacturer most often makes custom-made furniture, uses only high-quality materials
As a result, the products of Italian factories are of high quality and a full set of positive functions. Such chairs will decorate any kitchen and will serve for a very long time. However, when purchasing high-quality chairs, you should not count on a low cost, in this case you will not be able to save money.