Instant Pot Roast Recipe
There is an easy recipe of Instant Pot Roast.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
Makes: 2 to 4 Servings
1-3 lbs. chuck roast
Two small sliced onions
Four minced garlic cloves
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 cup homemade chicken stock (unsalted)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fish sauce
One pinch of thyme
One pinch rosemary, dried
2 tbsps balsamic vinegar or red wine
Two bay leaves
Black pepper, freshly ground
Two chopped carrots
Eight sliced white mushrooms
Cornstarch slurry = 2 tbsps water + 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
2-4 (divided into four parts) potatoes
1. Pat dry chuck roast with paper towel and season generously with black pep-
Per and kosher salt.
2. Add olive oil into the instant pot.
3. Select the “saute” setting on the instant pot.
4. When oil starts to shimmer, add seasoned chuck roast.
5. Brown for 10 minutes a side and flip over, brown for another 10 minutes.
6. With a slotted spoon, removed browned chuck roast into a bowl and allow to cool.
7. Retain few tbsps of fats and oil in the instant pot.
8. Add a pinch black pepper & kosher salt; add garlic and onions into the in-
9. Saute for 2 minutes approximately, until the aroma of garlic cooking fills the air, and the onion becomes tender.
10. Add mushroom into the instant and combine and saute for 2 min-
11. Add vinegar or red wine into the instant pot.
12. Scrape and stir the insides of the instant pot to loosen stuck bits of fats and onions.
13. Pour chicken stock, fish sauce and soy sauce into the instant pot.
14. Add two bay leaves and a pinch of thyme and dried rosemary.
15. Check for seasoning and add pepper and salt as necessary.
16. Close the lid of the instant pot, and set vent to “sealed”.
17. Select “manual’ setting on the instant pot and select a 45 minute cook time.
18. Once the cooking time has been reached, select the “cancel” setting and allow pressure to be released naturally for 20 minutes until the float valve drops down.
19. Open the instant pot lid.
Make sure pressure has been released before opening the lid of the instant pot.
20. Transfer cooked chucked roast from the instant pot and allow to cool.
21. Add potatoes and carrots into the instant pot.
22. Close instant pot lid and set vent to “sealed.”
23. Select “manual” setting on the instant pot and select a 4 minute cook time.
24. After cook time has been reached, select cancel button and slide steam re-
Lease handle to “venting” position for quick release, until the float valve, drops down.
25. Open the instant pot lid.
Make sure pressure has been released before opening the lid of the in- Stant pot.
26. Check the sauce for seasoning add salt and pepper as necessary.
27. Stir in the cornstarch slurry into the sauce a little at a time until a thick con-
Consistency is reached.
28. Cut meat into smaller bits and serve with carrots, potatoes, and gravy.