Embellished with some ingredients such as meat, fish, poultry or vegetables, it is a dish particularly digestible, tasty and appreciated for its lightness and its satiating power. The recipe of instant pot chicken rice soup is described here.
For 6/8 people. Preparation: 45 minutes. Cooking time: 1h30 + 30/40 minutes
Instant Pot Chicken Rice Soup Recipe
- 1 small chicken (or a hen) of 1 kg
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 or 6 Chinese chive bulbs
- 1 piece of ginger: about 5 cm
- 3 liters of water
- 1 tablespoon pure nuoc mam (fish sauce in brine)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Rice And Herbs
- 1 bowl of rice (about 200 g of rice)
- And Small piece of ginger: approx 3 cm
- Chinese chives, coriander leaves
- Optional : 4 heads of dried scented mushrooms (shiitakes)
- Then Fried onion (already ready for use – canned – at Asian food stores)
- If mushrooms option : Wash and soak dried scented mushrooms.
- Wash, clean, dry the chicken.
- In an Instant Pot, put the whole chicken and pour 3 liters of water to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to keep a little quivering.
- Peel the ginger and cut into thin strips. Peel the garlic cloves completely.
- Peel the onion, dice, and (optional) brown it in the pan with a little oil.
- Pour the ginger, garlic and golden onion into the chicken broth. Add salt. Mix and cover. Cook on low heat for 1 hour 30. Remove the chicken, drain, let cool.
- Then remove the skin and the flesh of the chicken. Shred the flesh into small pieces. If you like texture blends, cut small pieces of skin into thin strips.
Filter the broth
- Filter the broth (conical strainer to filter the liquids) .
- Optional : Lightly brown the rice in a pan.
- In an Instant Pot, pour 2.5 liters of broth and 200 g of grilled rice. Cook over low heat for 30-40 minutes. Optional : add the ginger peeled and cut into thin sli .
- If mushrooms option : Cut the heads of scented mushrooms (Shiitake) dried in strips. Stir in the rice. Continue cooking.
- After 30 to 40 minutes of cooking, the rice takes the appearance of porridge (a porridge) rather liquid, not too compact. It’s ready.
- Chop the green part of the remaining Chinese chive. Shred a handful of coriander leaves.
- Serve hot : pour a little rice porridge in a bowl, add some frayed chicken pieces, sprinkle with Chinese chives and coriander leaves.
- Add a little fried onion if you like (ready to use – if not home made with frying bath at 180 ° C and fry the onion cut into thin rings until it is golden, blot on paper towels, consume quickly, within 2 days maximum).
- Then Add a little pepper before serving.