Table of Contents
- Prepare beets for smoothies
- Peeling Beets for Smoothies
- Roasting Beets for Smoothies
- Steaming Beets for Smoothies
- Freezing Beets for Smoothies
- 3 Best Beet Smoothie Recipes
- 1. Blueberry and beet smoothie
- 2. Refreshing summer beet smoothies
- 3. Healthy beet smoothie
- 1. Raw Beet and Apple Smoothie or Juice (with lemon), nutritious and healthy
- Properties and Benefits of Beets and why add it in smoothies, juices and smoothies
- 2. Smoothie or Smoothie Beetroot to lose weight, with ice and low in calories
- 3. Beet, Carrot and Orange Smoothie or Juice
- 4. Beet, Carrot and Apple Smoothie or Juice
- 5. Cooked Beet Smoothie or Juice
If you want to start your day with a healthy diet, then you should drink healthy smoothies. The smoothies made from vegetables are full of nutrients and energy. Beets are with a unique flavor and contain essential beneficial nutrients. They enrich with fiber and help in digestive health. Therefore, smoothies made from beets are healthier and also strengthen the immune system. But you have to know how to prepare beets for smoothies.
Before making beets smoothies, the preparation of beets is necessary. You can efficiently prepare beets through boiling or steaming methods. After the preparation of beets, you can efficiently freeze them for later use.
Prepare beets for smoothies
The first step includes the removal of green tops from the beets. The green tops are present on the root of this vegetable. Leave one inch of its step to enjoy the flavor of its root also. Beets are the kind of root vegetables. Therefore, they come with dirt on them. It is the main reason that you have to wash them properly. You can also use raw beet for the making of smoothies. But if you add raw beets, you should have a strong blender such as a Vitamix blender. However, if you will use normal beets, then you have to peel them. After peeling, you have to chop into small squares.
Peeling Beets for Smoothies
The peeling of beets is easier. For this purpose, you can use any knife or peeler. For instance, you can use that knife which is suitable for the peeling of potato also. After peeling with the help of a knife, now rub the beets with a paper towel. The paper tower is more helpful in the peeling of the skin of beets.
Roasting Beets for Smoothies
Now, in this step, you have to roast the beets for smoothies. For roasting, there is a need to cut the beets in smaller wedges of 1/2 inch. It is the most important and easiest way to prepare beets for the smoothie. Also, the skin of beets mustn’t break down. Otherwise, you will lose some of its nutrition. Now, preheat the oven. The preheat temperature of the oven should 400°F. After preheating, roast the beats for 25 to 30 minutes.
You can also roast beats in a different way in which there is no need to cut beets. In this method, wrap every beet in aluminum foil and then place them in an oven. After a certain time, the beets become tender and so stop roasting further. You can also check if beets are tender or not with the use of the knife. If the tip of the knife easily pierces in the beets, then it means they are tender very well.
Steaming Beets for Smoothies
The steaming of beets is also a great way the using them in smoothies. It is important to always keep in your mind that it never boils beats. The boiling will cause a loss of the nutritional value of beets. Thereby, steaming is the best option that ensures the keeping of all nutrients in the beets. It is also the fastest method to prepare beets.
Firstly rinse the beets and trim off all leafy tops. Put few cups of water in the steamer and starts boiling. You can steam whole beets or cut every beet in their halves. After that, leave the beets in steam for fifteen to twenty minutes. You can check if beets are ready or not with the inserting of a fork. The fork should penetrate the beets smoothly. Now, place beets in cold water. This step is for the easy removal of skin. You can easily prepare beets for smoothies.
Freezing Beets for Smoothies
The preparation of beets always requires some time. Usually, we have tough routines. So, it is an easier way to prepare beets and then freeze them. You can efficiently freeze after roasting or steaming. The freezing of beets for smoothies enables you to make smoothies anytime. Cut the beets into slices and spread them on the freezing tray. Now, freeze that tray in the freezer. After the frozen of the beets, put all beets in the freezer bag.
3 Best Beet Smoothie Recipes
1. Blueberry and beet smoothie
This recipe for a smoothie is one of the great blueberry and beet smoothies. You can quickly make it to your home. Also, this smoothie contains pineapples. It is full of nutrients.
Beet of one small size
Blueberries of one cup
Pineapples of 1/4 cup
Greek yogurt or 1/4 cup
Almond milk of 1/2 cup
You can use either cooked or frozen beet in this recipe. You can use either frozen or fresh fruits. Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend them very well. After making, you can also add one teaspoon of honey to make a sweeter smoothie. Pour the smoothies into glasses and serve.
2. Refreshing summer beet smoothies
This beet smoothie is a refreshing drink for summer. Therefore, it is perfect for breakfast or as a snack. It contains strawberries that provide the best health benefits. It also ensures the best health of cardiovascular. The prepare beets smoothies are the best in taste.
Beet: One small
Banana: One medium
Strawberries of half cup
Chia seeds of 2 tbsp
Oats of 2 tbsp
The water of half cup
You can make a more refreshing smoothie with the adding of ice in the blender. Also, you can use water or coconut water. Blend all the ingredients very well. You will quickly get the smooth texture of the smoothie, and lastly, pour it into glasses.
3. Healthy beet smoothie
This beet smoothie uses kale in its making. Kale is the best green vegetable that contains high amounts of vitamins. This smoothie is helpful for your digestive health. Besides, it enables to give the best health to the bone.
Beats: 2 small
Kale: 1 cup
Banana: 1 large size
Red Seedless grapes: 12
Coconut milk one can
Lime juice of 1 tbsp
Place all the ingredients in the blender. You can use fresh lime juice for the making of this smoothie. After that, add few ice cubes to make it more refreshing. After blending, pour into glasses and serve immediately.
1. Raw Beet and Apple Smoothie or Juice (with lemon), nutritious and healthy
Do you want to start the day on the right foot? Well then we recommend that you accompany your breakfast with this nutritious and healthy beet and apple smoothie. It does not leave a feeling of heaviness in the stomach, it has an irresistible taste and provides numerous benefits.
The beet stands out for its contribution of vitamin B, which has anti-inflammatory and cleansing properties, so it can help us eliminate toxins that accumulate in the body.
For its part, the apple is full of antioxidant substances that can make us feel better inside and out. And since it has a satiating effect, it will be much easier for us to endure hunger until the next meal. No more chopping between meals!
- A small beet (better if it is organic). Also called beets .
- An Apple.
- The juice of half a lemon.
- A large tablespoon of olive oil.
- A basil or mint leaf to decorate.
- Optional: You can use sunflower seeds, sprouted alfalfa, dried nettle, or ground pollen to increase the properties of this recipe (two to four tablespoons total).
How to Make Raw Beet Smoothie or Juice
- We remove the skin from the beet and cut it into pieces.
- We wash the apple and cut it into pieces. In this case, we will keep the skin.
- In a blender or blender glass we add the fruit, the lemon juice, the oil and the rest of the optional ingredients that we are going to use.
- We grind for a few minutes, especially if we have added seeds of some kind, since it is necessary to completely undo them so that they are easily assimilated and digestible by our body.
- If it is too thick, we can lighten the cream with a little cold water or ice, turning the juice into a refreshing smoothie.
- Our healthy and natural beet smoothie is ready, with an attractive red color and an intense flavor. It only remains to serve it in glasses or tall glasses and decorate it with a basil or mint leaf. Enjoy your meal!
Do not be afraid to introduce new combinations in this and other shakes, since in addition to adding nuances of aroma, color and flavor, you will get the benefits of the new ingredients.
Properties and Benefits of Beets and why add it in smoothies, juices and smoothies
Beets are one of the lightest and most nutritious vegetables that exist. And since it has a characteristic sweet taste, it fits perfectly in all kinds of smoothies and shakes.
- It is very difficult to find a food that has so many nutrients, since it provides practically all the vitamins and minerals that our body needs.
- In addition, beets have nitrates and inorganic pigments that are very beneficial for health. In this sense, they can help us control blood pressure, prevent cardiac events and strokes.
- Inflammation is our body’s response to injury and can be at the origin of heart or liver disease. Luckily, this vegetable has a substance called betalain that can help us fight this problem.
- Beets are rich in dietary fiber, a fundamental component in our diet that can help people who have heavy digestions. It can also act against constipation and other intestinal disorders.
- The pigments that we have mentioned above also control blood circulation and its arrival in the brain. In fact, various studies claim that they can improve cognitive functions that are lost with age and prevent dementia.
- Finally, beets are made up almost entirely of water and have hardly any calories, making them a highly recommended food for all kinds of balanced and slimming diets. eleven
2. Smoothie or Smoothie Beetroot to lose weight, with ice and low in calories
Beets are one of the most popular healthy foods around today. And is not for less! In addition to having a very attractive color and a delicious sweet taste, this vegetable is full of nutrients that are very beneficial for health.
It provides energy and natural glucose to face the day or recover from physical exercise, which is why it is highly appreciated among athletes.
It also has few calories and thanks to its fiber content a satiating effect to help you avoid snacking between meals. It can never be lacking in any balanced diet!
For all these reasons, in today’s post we are going to show you how to prepare a delicious beet shake to lose weight step by step. You dare? In less than 5 minutes you will be enjoying them. We started!
- One medium beet.
- Half a glass of crushed ice. This shake is served very cold, although you can also use water or a vegetable drink if you prefer.
- Sweetener to taste.
- Optional: the juice of a lemon, which will add cleansing properties to our smoothie.
- We peel the beet and cut it into small squares so that it is easier to grind.
- In the blender or blender glass, add the fruit, ice and sweetener to taste.
- Lemon is not mandatory, but citrus is a great contrast to the natural sweetness of beets. Just take the juice out of it with a juicer and add it to the glass.
- We beat all the ingredients for a minute until obtaining a homogeneous liquid.
- Our Ice Beet Slimming Smoothie is now finished! Serve immediately with a straw and garnished with a sprig of mint. Enjoy your meal!
This recipe combines perfectly with other light ingredients such as pineapple, celery, carrot, apple or grapefruit (grapefruit). And you can also add spices such as cardamom or cinnamon to give it a very interesting aromatic touch.
But as it is, it is one of the best drinks to lose weight naturally. Beetroot is very satiating and has a lot of properties that can improve digestive processes.
While lemon can help us detoxify the body and purify the liver so that it does not work as much. Now everything depends on you! Leave your unhealthy habits behind, exercise regularly and eat healthy every day. The results will come!
3. Beet, Carrot and Orange Smoothie or Juice
In this post we are going to show you how to prepare a beet, carrot and orange smoothie, a winning combination thanks to its spectacular flavor, delicate texture and attractive color.
It is so delicious that even the smallest of the house will not fault it! This way they will enjoy all the vitamins and minerals that this smoothie has, which can help them prevent certain diseases and grow healthier.
What are you saying? Ah! You don’t have a lot of time to be in the kitchen. You will have 5 minutes left, right? Well that’s all you need!
- One medium beet.
- A carrot.
- 3 oranges.
- Honey, sugar or the sweetener of your choice.
- Optional: half a teaspoon of grated ginger, which gives the smoothie a very original spicy flavor.
- We start by cleaning the fruit.
- Peel the beets and carrots and cut them into small pieces. A potato peeler or similar will make the task much easier.
- Cut the oranges in half and extract the juice with the help of a juicer. If you don’t want to find pulp, you can strain it without problems.
- In the blender or blender glass, add the chopped fruit, the orange juice and the honey. If you are going to use ginger in the recipe, now is the time.
- We grind everything for a few seconds until we get a uniform liquid without lumps.
- We test it to rectify the sweetness or texture if necessary, adding more pieces of fruit or juice. We beat a few more seconds.
- Our beet, carrot and orange smoothie is ready! What was simple? The best is to serve it at the moment so as not to waste any of its properties. Enjoy your meal!
This smoothie is a classic in countries like Venezuela, where it is called “three-in-one juice” and is usually taken for breakfast. It has a lot of digestive and cleansing properties and thanks to its minerals it can help fight anemia.
If you like it very cool, try adding an ice cube when serving. Although if you don’t want to alter the texture, you can also put the cut fruit in airtight bags and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours.
4. Beet, Carrot and Apple Smoothie or Juice
Are you fed up with heavy digestions? Well, then we recommend that you start the day enjoying a natural fruit and vegetable smoothie, which together with some toasts is a complete breakfast that will fill you with energy.
And few options are as nutritious and delicious as this beet, carrot and apple smoothie that we are going to show you in today’s post.
It has a high supply of vitamins, minerals and fiber, which among other things can help us to see better, purify the body, optimize the functioning of the intestines or relieve constipation.
Are you convinced? Well, we encourage you to try it today! Most likely, it will become one of your favorite healthy drinks.
- One medium beet or beet.
- A small carrot.
- A small apple.
- Half a glass of crushed ice, water or vegetable drink.
- Sweetener or sugar to taste, although most of the time it will not be necessary.
- Peel the beets and cut them into chunks.
- Do the same with the carrot.
- Wash the apple, remove the core and cut it into pieces. Do we leave the skin? Yes, since it concentrates a good part of the fiber and has a flavonoid called quercetin that has antioxidant properties.
- Add the fruit to the blender along with the crushed ice.
- Beat for a minute until all the ingredients are well integrated.
- Taste the smoothie and add sweetener if necessary.
- We’ve already finished! We recommend that you serve your beet, carrot and apple smoothie right away. Enjoy your meal!
This drink is very refreshing and nutritious. The heavy digestions and also the fights when it comes to eating fruit are over. And it is that thanks to its flavor and attractive color even the smallest of the house will be wanting to repeat.
If you want to vary a bit, try adding other ingredients such as papaya, celery, pumpkin, lemon juice or ginger, which add new nuances so that you never get bored of eating healthy.
5. Cooked Beet Smoothie or Juice
If you want to enjoy all the properties of fresh food, we recommend that you take them in shakes or smoothies. And this why? Well, because its nutrients are assimilated much better in this way.
Beets, for example, have more iron than even spinach. But we will only enjoy this high mineral contribution when liquefying it.
You dare? We knew yes! Next we are going to show step by step how to prepare a spectacular cooked beet smoothie, which has a great flavor and is very low in calories. Put on your apron!
- One medium cooked beet.
- Half a cup of water, crushed ice or vegetable drink.
- Sugar or sweetener to taste.
- Optional: half a carrot, apple or orange.
- The easiest thing to do is to buy fresh cooked beets. If you have it raw, you have to boil it with the skin for an hour or so, as this will better preserve its flavor and attractive color.
- In the blender glass, add the beets, water and sugar. If you are going to add carrot, orange, apple or another fruit, now is the time.
- We beat all the ingredients for a minute until obtaining a homogeneous liquid without lumps.
- Our homemade cooked beet smoothie is ready! You can serve it immediately or leave it in the fridge for a while to make it more refreshing. Enjoy it!
Beets provide a lot of minerals such as potassium or magnesium, as well as vitamins of groups B and C that can help us reduce inflammation, regulate blood sugar levels and fight bad cholesterol.
It contains a substance called nitrate that is very beneficial for our cardiovascular health, since it can expand blood vessels to improve circulation and lower the pressure of the arteries.
Despite its great nutritional value, beets are a very light food with hardly any calories. And it tastes great sweet! So it is the perfect companion to brighten up your balanced and slimming diets.
Refreshing Summer Beet Smoothies
- 1 small Beet
- 1 medium Banana
- 1/2 cup Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Oats
- 1/2 cup Water
- You can make a more refreshing smoothie with the adding of ice in the blender.
- Also, you can use water or coconut water. Blend all the ingredients very well.
- You will quickly get the smooth texture of the smoothie, and lastly, pour it into glasses.