How have you been treating them at home this season? I hope that very good. Today I bring you a delicious recipe: How to make chorizo a la pomarola ! Ideal to warm our hearts on these special days.
This cooking version of the chorizo la pomarola is used to vary the typical cooking on the grill a bit . Although we all agree that the chorizo on the barbecue is the best thing that can happen to us in the world. Well, maybe this statement is a bit exaggerated but with the desire to eat barbecue that I have friends, I can assure you that it is what I believe at this moment!
Wait, if you are vegan, don’t ever leave! This chorizo a la pomarola recipe works seamlessly with vegan chorizo. The only thing that changes is that it is not necessary to degrease it by boiling it before general cooking.
Have you ever tried it? It is very rich too! I’m going to bring you a good recipe, I promise. But they are easily achieved since there are more and more vegan products available to everyone and I love that!
About this recipe for chorizo a la pomarola
a classic from Argentina to the world!
Chorizo a la pomarola is a typical recipe from Argentina and although the recipe that I bring you today is to be made in a saucepan, you can also make it on disk. It is very very tasty, and it is essential to have bread, if it is homemade bread, better!
Many are afraid to make this dish because, if it is not done well, it can become heavy due to the large amount of fat it has. That is why it is very important to blanch the chorizo by boiling it before, that way we remove the excess fat and it will be much lighter!
At the end of the recipe they have a couple of options to accompany it and be like the king or queen of the kitchen, this is a dish that I love to receive guests! If you have a lot of guests and not so much money, the chorizo a la pomarola is ideal. It is inexpensive and is a quick and easy recipe to prepare. Of course, I hope you have a place at home to take a nap because after this you have to sleep, that’s how it is written in the Bible.
As I always tell you, the recipe that I bring you is how I like to make it. With my tricks and tips that I like according to my experience trying, which is the most I like about cooking. You can go adding your personal touch. Try, play, have fun cooking!
There is nothing more beautiful than creating in the kitchen. Can it fail? Yes. But I promise you that you follow this basis you will not. I have faith in you. If you needed a signal to encourage you to get your hands on the kitchen, this is it: You can.
Enjoy this plate of chorizo a la pomarola, a classic Argentine KitchensCity version!
- 8 units of chocolate chorizo
- 1 large white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can of tomatoes
- Ground chili
How to make Chorizo a la Pomarola in 6 steps
- Boil the chorizos for 10 minutes ( until they are completely defatted ) and reserve them.
- Chop the garlic very small and the rest of the vegetables, I like to cut them into strips but it can be to taste.
- In a large skillet, brown the onions and garlic and cook with a touch of olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- Add the bell peppers , salt , pepper , chili and paprika and sauté for a couple more minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes, the water and the hot broth . Add the bay leaf, the sausages and boil for 10 more minutes.
- Cook over low heat and covered for 20 more minutes. Ready!
With what to accompany the chorizo a la pomarola
Chorizo a la pomarola is a dish with a strong personality , it is the protagonist of the table. So your accompaniment should be light . The one that is used the most is mashed potatoes, or some good baked potatoes, but we can also point to something lighter such as white rice.
A fact that they will thank me for: The chorizo a la pomarola is ideal for a Sandwich! You can use the Creole sauce that we have on the blog to put it on top. A delicacy!
Well up to here I told you the classic. Now I am going to recommend a side dish that you are going to love because of how delicious it is!
Garlic Sweet Potato Puree
1 kilo of sweet potatoes, 1 head of garlic, 1 tablespoon of butter, necessary amount of milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg.
Sweet potato puree step by step
- Wrap the garlic head in aluminum foil and bake until cooked and a garlic paste can be made.
- Meanwhile cook the sweet potatoes and puree using the butter and milk. Add pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Add the garlic paste and mix until well incorporated. Taste and if necessary rectify the flavors.
- Ready! You can serve it with the chorizo a la pomarola and win the hearts of absolutely everyone at the table!