The banana is one of the best-known fruits in the world and with more possibilities in the kitchen. That is why we want to propose this simple homemade Banana Smoothie recipe, healthy and very refreshing, and you will surely love it.
This is one of the easiest and fastest smoothies to prepare that you will find on our blog since we will only need a few minutes to have it ready. The banana is a fruit that we can find at any time of the year at a good price, so this recipe is suitable for any time of the year that we find ourselves.
In addition, it is a versatile fruit and therefore it is very easy to combine with almost any ingredient that we want to add to our smoothie.
Although many people do not know it, plantain and banana are two different fruits. The main difference is that bananas are thicker and have thicker skin. In addition, the banana is sweeter than the banana and that makes it the ideal option to make a sweet Smoothie without incorporating any type of added sugar.
If you only have bananas at home, don’t worry, since we also have other recipes with this fruit such as a banana smoothie or banana shake, which we recommend you take a look at.
Banana is a great source of fiber, vitamin C, and potassium. And we must know that the latter, potassium, is a key mineral for the elimination of excess fluids in our body. So now you know, that this homemade Banana Smoothie recipe will become your best ally to combat fluid retention and lose weight.
If you are also a fan of going to the gym, you can add whey protein to it, and make it an ideal post-workout supplement. If you are interested in this type of shake, do not miss our recipes for protein shakes to lose weight.
Banana Smoothie Recipe
A homemade banana smoothie is a healthy and quick option for our breakfasts. In addition, they are a delicious, light, and perfect option for our diet.
The good thing about smoothies, and that includes this recipe that we propose below, is that we can prepare them in advance and leave them ready to consume those mornings that we don’t have time to make ourselves a real breakfast.
Banana Smoothie Ingredients:
- 2 Bananas (better if they are a little ripe).
- 2 cups of milk.
- 1 handful of oatmeal.
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey , to taste.
- ½ cup of 100% peanut butter (optional).
- 2 ice cubes.
How to make Banana Smoothie:
- Step 1: Peel the two bananas and chop them.
- Step 2: Put all the ingredients in a mixer or blender.
- Step 3: Shake them and add the ice cubes.
- Step 4: Beat again until you get a homogeneous and smooth texture.
- Step 5: Pour the result into cups or glasses.
- Step 6: Enjoy your fabulous Banana Smoothie !
- Trick 1: Chop and freeze the Bananas beforehand, so you won’t need to add ice.
- Trick 2: Add a dessert spoon of vanilla extract to give it a special touch. If you don’t have it at home, you can also add vanilla ice cream, replacing the ice, as it will give you the same effect. (We recommend you prepare it at home with a stand mixer , if you don’t have one, don’t miss our analysis of the best stand mixers )
Peanut Properties and Benefits:
The peanut is a food of first order, far superior to any kind of meat and many other fruits and vegetables, it contains 30.5% protein, 47.5% fat, 17% carbohydrates and considerable proportions of calcium , phosphorus, potassium and iron.
It is very rich in vitamins B1 , B2, nicotinic acid and pro-vitamins that are transformed in the body into vitamin A. Peanuts, being a legume, are a very valuable food due to their abundant content of protein , fat, thiamin and niacin.
For women who are in the postmenopausal stage, a handful of peanuts and a couple of apples are recommended since foods rich in boron contribute to increasing estrogen in the body. Also, people who cannot tolerate cow’s milk can substitute it for peanut or almond milk.