Today I bring you the recipe for the well-loved chicken tart! And we are also going to prepare a second option in which we do not use dough.
I want to assume that you have already seen and tried the other cake recipes that I have on the blog. I take my mission in life very seriously, which is: to give them the diffusion and the love they really deserve, because of course, we have them there and we never pay attention to them. Yes, on this site we have many cake recipes but the chicken cake is a special cake : we have to take into account some details so that it comes out perfect!
It is like that which is and we know that it will never fail us. But no gentlemen! They deserve everything in this life. Can you imagine a world without cakes? Oh, just thinking about it makes my skin crawl! How horrible, Mabel!
I invite you to follow me on my networks so that you can see all the things that I am uploading, videos, memes, stories, everything! You will find me as KitchensCity on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube. See you there!
Option 1: Traditional chicken tart
Now let’s talk a little about this chicken tart. What a wonderful recipe! It also goes by the name of Chicken Pot Pie, but come on, chicken tart, period. You can use fresh chicken or your leftover chicken from yesterday, and it works wonders!
This recipe is ideal to take to work, if you don’t want to make a super cake you could prepare individual ones. Depending on the size you give it, you can get 2 or 3. They are very good, you prepare 2 or 3 meats from a single recipe and put them in the freezer.
Save time but never give up a good meal! I’m not sure what to call it, chicken tart, corn pie, chicken pie… We can call it a thousand ways, but we all agree that it is so, so rich that it restores any evil. You can use green onion instead of leek, and add seeds such as flax or pumpkin seeds on top … Or black sesame, it is very nice!
They can add cheese too, although it would seem like an abuse to me because it is already quite good with the béchamel and the cream. Also, don’t get excited and spend all you have in the refrigerator in one meal!
3 secrets to the perfect chicken tart
What do i have to keep in mind?
- A crunchy base : a very crunchy and dry dough makes a very good contrast with the humidity of the filling. To achieve this, you have to cook the dough in a pre-cook, before adding the filling and the topping.
In the case of being, like the chicken tart that I bring you today, a recipe that goes all together with the filling and the baked dough, it is convenient to put it closer to the floor of the oven. So it is crispy!
- A moist and tasty filling : it is obviously the protagonist of this love story. To get its full potential!
- A topping that complements the filling: what is important is what is inside, yes. We all agree on this. But food enters through the eyes, so you have to decorate it beautifully. And with things that go well with the filling, for example seeds, cheese, fresh herbs, whatever you like the most.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 carrot
- 3 leeks
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can of peas
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 splash of heavy cream (optional)
- 2 tart tops
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper
How to make chicken tart step by step
- Chop the onion and garlic. Cut the leeks into slices. The carrot, in small pieces. Sauté these vegetables in 1 tablespoon of butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken cut into pieces : if it is cooked, sauté for 2 more minutes. If it is raw, cook until it is golden, it will take about 5 minutes or so.
- Add the peas and season. You can also put corn kernels (in that case, half a can and a half can). Stir until the peas are hot. Season with salt
and pepper and add the oregano.
- Sprinkle with the tablespoon of flour . Move the preparation over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes.
- Warm the glass of milk in the microwave (or in a small pan and on the fire). Add to the preparation and stir. It will form a kind of bechamel or white sauce and it will be a super creamy preparation. Add the jet of milk cream and integrate.
- Put one of the doughs in a deep-oiled pan, add the preparation and cover with the other dough. The ideal thing for this chicken tart is to make some small holes in it so that the steam comes out (or puncture it)
- Bake at 180º until the dough is golden and serve.
The chicken tart is ready! I recommend that you try to accompany it with a delicious salad!
Option2: Chicken pie without dough
Can you make a fire without a fire? can you swim without water? Things we ask ourselves here at KitchensCity. The truth is that we have no idea, but what we do know is that you can make a cake without dough. We thought about spending a lot of time on research that could take people back to the Moon, and open a shawarma there (because there has to be a shawarma cart everywhere!)
But we derive all of those efforts into creating this recipe for doughless chicken tart. Well we didn’t really create it, it’s called strata and it’s a pretty traditional recipe. But we like to think that this post can change, if not life, at least a person’s day.
We will install our shawarma and falafel stand on the moon, we will
About the Chicken Strata
Well my friends, I’ll tell you what I like the most about this chicken tart with cheese and without dough (the name is very long, just thinking about it I ran out of air). It’s quick to do, that’s always a plus. it really is spades, sauté, assemble and bake. They don’t have to knead, stretch or anything!
It is a great idea to take advantage of the remains of bread that are around, or buy bread from the day before in bakeries. They can also make the chicken tart, with the leftover chicken from a roast or from another meal. The strata is a great way to take advantage of misnamed “leftovers”
If you get the idea, I’ll leave you a strata of vegetables!
Greetings and until next time
for 1 cake
- 1 chicken breast
- 4 slices of bread (can be from the day before)
- 3 leeks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 eggs
- 4 slices
- 3 generous slices of mozzarella cheese (about 200g.)
- Oil, salt and pepper
Doughless Chicken Pie or Chicken Strata Recipe
Yes, it exists and it is delicious
- Dice the breasts. Brown in a hot frying pan with a little oil over very high heat. We should not cook them too much since otherwise they will dry out in the second cooking. It’s a quick pass to seal them. Reserve on a plate and do not wash the pot.
- In the chicken skillet, sauté the thinly sliced leeks and the minced garlic clove. When they are soft but, again, not fully cooked, add the chicken and stir. Reserve.
- Cut the bread into 2x2cm cubes. approximately.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. When they are well blended, season to taste and mix with the bread, the mixture of chicken and leeks and 2 of the demozarella slices, cut into small cubes. Join well. The mixture will be rather dry, there should not be too much egg if it does not go to the bottom of the source and there is a kind of omelette that is not what we want.
- Place the whole mixture in an oven-safe dish and squash a little (just a little, to even out).
- Place the other slice of mozzarella, in pieces, distributed on the cake.
- Bake over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes or until you see the chicken tart golden on top. Temperature is important, because if we do it over low heat the chicken will dry out.