My friends and friends! How are they? Today I bring you a recipe for chicken pickle that you have been asking me for a long time! In addition to this, I leave you the definitive guide to make a good pickled chicken, it will serve you both for pickled chicken and for any other pickled you want to make.
Tips for a good chicken pickle
First of all, you have to know something: pickled chicken is a way of cooking . It emerged as a way to preserve food for longer, but nowadays it is no longer used just for that. Today we already have much more useful cooling methods. So we use this method because it is so delicious. Let’s say everything.
It gives food a texture and flavor that no other method achieves. This way of cooking food is with an acid medium (we don’t want to get too technical but a very high pH is achieved with wine and vinegar)
Ok, let’s go with a couple of tidbits about the chicken pickle:
- The classic pickled recipe is two parts oil, one part vinegar and one part wine. But, each teacher with their little book says, you can add things to it, vary the amount and try different types of oils and vinegars. You already know what the base is, now to try new things and find your ideal recipe.
- The original recipe uses black peppercorns. But you can use other types of pepper and seasonings . Taking into account that they are not too strong and can ruin the final result. That is to say: use the spices you want, but don’t get off topic either by putting a lot of it and covering the flavor of the main food (be it chicken, vegetables, mussels, whatever). Keep in mind that this cooking method enhances the flavors, so everything you put in it will have a well marked taste integrated into the main one.
- Herbs : they are not part of the base recipe, but they give it a unique touch! Using them in the right measure as well as seasonings can give your recipe your stamp and style.
- Always, always, but always: let it rest . You can cook it, let it cool and eat it… But I don’t recommend it. It’s not funny, for that, make yourself a sauté … Ideally, let it rest for 24 to 48 hours.
- Attention: if the pickled chicken has vegetables (as is the case in the chicken pickle recipe that you will find in this post) and you are not going to preserve it in a vacuum, ideally it should not take more than 4 days .
- A pickled chicken packed in sterilized jars can last for months! In this blog we already talk about preserves … So if you are interested in this topic you have a lot to do!
About this pickled chicken recipe
This pickled chicken recipe is very easy to make and super cheap. Also, if you’ve been reading my other canning recipes and learned how to make them: you can make canned chicken pickles!
Ideal to eat it as a starter, you put it on top of a bread or toast and uff gentlemen what a delight!
You can also eat it as a main dish, of course. Accompanying it with a good potato or lettuce salad you already have a light and delicious dish.
You can follow this recipe using a whole chicken or shredded chicken, using only the breasts or the thigh. To keep in mind: the patamuslo takes a little longer to cook, but it is tastier than the breast. Well I don’t know friends, that’s my perception. I don’t know what you like best.
There are different types of pickles (if you are interested, leave me in comments and in another post we will talk a little more about this). The recipe that I bring you today is a short-lived marinade. Much less oil is used than in the “classic recipe” and lighter pickles are achieved. Vot yes to this chicken pickle that is suitable for any occasion!
Here we go with the chicken pickle recipe:
super cheap recipe!
- 2 kilos of chicken
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of oil
- Seasonings: 2 tbsp peppercorns, 2 bay leaves, a sprig of rosemary, thyme.
How to make chicken pickle
in just 4 steps!
- Cut the onion into medium pieces, the carrots into slices and the bell pepper into strips. Peel the garlic.
- Brown the chicken cut into pieces in a saucepan with oil. Add the vegetables and cook until the onions are transparent. Add the wine.
- Once it does not smell of alcohol add the water, vinegar and seasonings. Cook until tender (approximately 45 minutes) and remove from heat. Add the oil.
- Once the preparation is cool, place in a container, cover and leave it to rest in the refrigerator for at least one day to the next so that the flavors are accentuated.