I admit, I was not an artichoke fan. Through some workshops with doctors, I discovered how essential this slightly bitter vegetable can be for maintaining good health. So, I thought of an artichoke fruit juice, and it’s really delicious. Come and discover through this article the benefits and recipes of artichoke juice.
What do you find in an artichoke-based juice
Table of Contents
- What do you find in an artichoke-based juice
- The benefits of this juice
- Juice recipes with artichoke
- Artichoke Juice Video
- Fiber : In their process, some are soluble and others insoluble. Fiber facilitates intestinal transit and protects the inside of the digestive system.
- Vitamins: cherries are mainly composed of vitamins A and C (about 30%). Both of these vitamins have antioxidant activities in the body.
Vitamin A is the basis for the development of body tissues (eg skin). It trains them, renews them, ensures their balance. It plays an important role in the immune system and in the functions of the eye.
Vitamin C for its part is known as an inhibitor of the activity of free radicals, thus protecting the organism from the risks of cancer, tumors and premature aging.
It also gives the necessary energy to the body. It protects the immune system from attacks of bacterial origin and all kinds of aggression
- Inulin (1): it is a type of simple sugar that the enzymes in the intestines do not digest. After transformation of the diet, this polyphenol is found intact in the colon.
Rather, it is transformed by the intestinal flora, which leads to the release of hydrogen, carbon dioxide and methane.
- Cynarin : also called dicaffeylquinic acid is a substance obtained from artichoke. It is a polyphenol which acts in the hepato-biliary functions
- Potassium salts : Also known as sodium chloride or salt, potassium salt is necessary for muscle activity.
Thanks to its action in the body, you can contract and relax your muscles. It also helps to regulate the amount of water and minerals in the body. In addition it has an action on the nervous impulse.
- Magnesium is one of the minerals. Magnesium is involved in the regulation of glucose in the blood. It is also necessary in muscle and cardiovascular functions.
- Antioxidants: artichoke contains several antioxidants such as anthocyanins, rutin, quercetin. Artichoke juice is as rich in antioxidants as dark chocolate and blueberries.
The benefits of this juice
The artichoke through its components mentioned above has depurative properties. This plant stimulates the function of the liver (2).
Residues from digestion or body activities are broken down by the liver which reduces these toxic products to non-toxic substances. The transformed substances are emptied into the bile, in the intestine and finally rejected out of the body by the stool.
The functions of the liver and bile are so important that a low production or a bad functioning of the liver will lead to several other health problems such as bad breath and body odor, hypertension, the door open to cancer…
In addition, the liver has functions of storing nutrients. Artichoke has been used for centuries to treat liver and bile problems, making it an excellent detox juice.
But it was only around the middle of the 20th century that Italian researchers managed to isolate the cynarine. It is a substance contained in the artichoke which positively influences the functions of the liver and stimulates a greater production of bile.
In general, fruits and vegetables with a slightly bitter taste like artichoke or milk thistle are important in the treatment of hepato-biliary functions.
Artichokes contain inulin, a type of sugar that helps plants store energy in plants at the roots and in the trunk. By consuming artichoke juice during your diet, your body optimally stores energy.
This juice is also rich in fiber which gives the feeling of satiety when you consume it.
In addition, the artichoke is a diuretic, it helps eliminate toxins from the body. It is also lower in calories and fat
These different properties of artichoke allow you to effectively support your weight loss diet. Of course, the artichoke alone cannot make you lose weight, but it falls into the group of slimming foods.
Combine it with other fruits and vegetables for an effective diet (such as celery juice for example). In addition to the slimming diet, the artichoke will help you prevent digestive disorders, eliminate constipation and promote better action of the digestive tract.
Against coronary heart disease
Coronary heart disease is caused by a deficiency in the arteries that supply blood to the heart. These arteries are narrowed or blocked by a clot (3). This causes a reduction in the blood that the arteries supply to the heart (myocardial ischemia).
The potassium contained in the artichoke is involved in the balance and stability of the heart rate.
In addition, foods rich in antioxidants are foods that stimulate and protect the cardiovascular system. Foods rich in antioxidants also influence the development of free radicals and the development of carcinogenic cells.
In a study (4) conducted by the National Department of Agriculture in the United States, a list of fruits and vegetables were tested for their antioxidant content and their influence on health, especially cardiovascular.
Artichokes are one of the vegetables containing a high content of antioxidants and therefore capable of protecting the body in general and the cardiovascular system in particular.
Juice recipes with artichoke
To enjoy the benefits of the artichoke in your juice, we recommend the artichoke leaves for juicing instead. The leaves concentrate more nutrients than the heart, so they are more nutritious.
Artichoke juice with milk
You will need:
- 1 artichoke (including leaves)
- 1 apple
- 2 carrots
- 4 almonds
- 1 glass of milk
- Wash and cut your artichoke into pieces
- Clean your carrots and apple and cut them into pieces
- Put it all in your machine.
- Add the milk
This juice makes it easier for you to consume the artichoke.
Vitamin C is also involved in the absorption of iron by the body In addition to the nutrients of artichoke, you have several other nutrients such as antioxidants, beta carotene.
Through the antioxidants, vitamins, trace elements and other nutrients contained in the apple, your body can act better against free radicals (cherry juice is also very good for that), toxins in the body, digestive problems and many others.
Artichoke juice with citrus fruits
You will need:
- 3 artichoke leaves
- 3 oranges
- 4 tangerines
- Clean your leaves and cut them into pieces
- Clean your citrus fruits and cut them into pieces (depending on the machine you use)
Your fruit juice is rich in folate, thiamine, vitamin C, and antioxidants.
Antioxidants and vitamin C are involved in the synthesis of DNA and in the synthesis of collagen. Antioxidants protect your immune system in general.
Folate or folic acid or vitamin B9 is involved in the production of red blood cells, in the proper development of the fetus …
Folate helps in repairing damaged tissue in the body. The combined action of all these nutrients ensures you a 100% natural juice full of benefits.
You will need:
- 3 artichoke leaves
- 1/2 stalk of celery
- A bowl of spinach leaves
- 2 slices of watermelon
- 1 bowl of grapes
- ½ glass of mineral water
- Wash and cut your artichoke leaves
- Also clean your spinach and celery
- Clean your watermelons, seed them and cut them into medium slices
- Wash your grapes
- Put it all in your juicer
- Add your water.
This juice contains a lot of fiber which will help you in good digestion and a balance of digestive functions. It is also rich in folate (spinach, artichokes) to support blood activity in the body.
You also have several other vitamins, trace elements, minerals, antioxidants that contribute to good health at all levels in your body.
The artichoke contains multiple benefits. But difficult to love it because of its taste. With juicing, you will see this medicinal vegetable differently.
Instead, use the leaves for your juices as they contain more nutrients than the heart.
Like and share our article to spread information about artichoke juice.
Artichoke Juice With Milk
- 1 Artichoke (including leaves)
- 1 Apple
- 2 Carrots
- 4 Almonds
- 1 glass Milk
- Wash and cut your artichoke into pieces.
- Clean your carrots and apple and cut them into pieces.
- Put it all in your machine.
- Lastly, add the milk.